Director, Human Resources
As the Director of Human Resources, you will fill a leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in property management and real estate investment. You will attentively oversee the companies’ personnel as directed and provide support to the COO and CEO. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the day to day interaction between us and vendors in payroll, worker’s compensation and benefits. In addition, the Director of Human Resources is tasked with ensuring policy compliance and a positive employee culture for all employees in recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, development and training.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred; SPHR certification preferred.
· A minimum of five years of Human Resources management required, with strong proven record of delivering results.
· Strong experience with PEO Human Resources Information Systems required; experience with testing and implementing new HR technology preferred.
· Experience with due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, and other organizational change and regulatory requirements
The following are essential job functions:
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the HR department, including employee and labor relations; compensation and analysis; employee benefits; organizational development and training; recruitment, selection, and retention; legal compliance with federal, state, and local laws; and risk management.
- At the direction of the COO, develop and implement HR strategic and functional programs; developing, implementing and measuring each program
- Research and recommend best-practice HR initiatives, policies and procedures for the Company.
- Communicate with and advise property General Managers and corporate staff on all HR matters in the best interest of the Company and its workforce.
- Work involves the application of general professional HR expertise and personal judgment to a variety of technical personnel and managerial issues.
- Lead and ensure highest level of quality to the quarterly and annual HR processes, including performance review and merit increase administration, metrics and compliance reports.
- Review, track, report and authorize Corrective Action procedures, approve terminations, and ensure legal and policy compliance.
- Work with and assist General Counsel in legal HR matters
· Ensuring policy compliance and a positive employee culture for all employees in recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, development and training.
- Day-to-Day responsibility for interaction between us and vendors in payroll, worker’s compensation and benefits; specifically, with any PEO companies.
- Provide overall strategic direction for all aspects of the company’s employee benefits policy and plans including Health Care and Wellness, Retirement and Savings, Welfare, and other related benefit plans, such as Disability, Life, etc.
- Partner closely with internal Finance and Legal departments to ensure the company’s benefits plans, programs, and initiatives are competitive, affordable, deliverable, and consistent with the company’s employment proposition
- Lead benefit program communication strategy and delivery
- Conceptualize and present business cases for plan changes, and manage the selection and oversight of various benefit consulting and related services used by the company
- Maintain knowledge of cutting-edge benefits programs, trend, and “best practices” in all aspects of benefits management
- Stay alert and ahead of emerging government and IRS regulations, practices, and policies, and evaluate appropriate responses and changes to policies and programs if necessary
Posting ID: 605050256Posted: 2021-02-25