Glacial Lakes Energy (GLE), a corn ethanol industry leader, is looking to fill Commodity Marketing Representative position in Mina, SD.
The Commodity Marketing Representative’s primary responsibility is procuring corn for GLE and includes executing appropriate futures hedges. In addition, the incumbent may assist with local distiller’s product sales. Related responsibilities include backing up the Commodity Managers as requested. Employment for this position is conditioned upon successfully passing certain preemployment requirements.
• Purchase corn from producers and elevators utilizing phone and electronic methods along with onsite visits
• Pursue local distiller’s sales relationships and opportunities, developing and maintaining an extensive database of both current and potential customers as requested
• Diligently manage all aspects of commodity contract administration
• Understand grain marketing and crush margin management fundamentals
• Monitor competitiveness of cash corn bids and distiller’s product offers
• Review the grading of the inbound corn and quality discounts
• Monitor the quality and quantity of corn and distiller’s inventories
• Manage the inventory being used for production in support of Commodities Manager and Operations
• Complete inventory and/or position reports and supply them to marketers and management as requested
• Understand and be able to initiate and promote various contracting tools established by GLE (basis, flat price, HTA’s minimum price contracts, etc.)
• Maintain understanding of USDA programs pertaining to grain producing farmers
• Focus on continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
• Actively promote GLE’s vision, mission, and values with team members, customers and outside vendors
• Take lead role in organizing producer meetings and promotional events
• Must report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work
• Be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
• Maintain high level of customer service
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School or equivalent is required, 4-year college degree preferred
• Minimum of one to three years of commodity merchandising experience is preferred
• Effective oral and written communication skills are essential
• Knowledge and experience working with Agris is highly desired
• Proven customer services skills are required
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and other similar software
• Must be able to communicate clearly in English
Varied work, competitive pay, excellent professional development and a great work environment, it's all here for you at GLE!
GLE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.