This position requires initiative, motivation, problem-solving skills and a strong practical background in mechanical, electrical, and construction concepts. Responsibilities include fabrication, assembly, troubleshooting and testing of electrical/mechanical systems and systems of varying complexity. This position includes a high degree of contact with operating personnel, and requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The individual must be able to work and solve problems with a minimum of supervision and assist in multiple concurrent projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Execution
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, instructions, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Use basic measuring/inspection instruments.
- Use a variety of hand/machine tools to fabricate/assemble electrical and mechanical systems.
- Perform material take-offs from engineering drawings for fabrication projects.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of electrical/mechanical systems.
- Assist senior technician and engineers in implementation of design objectives.
- Periodic travel requirements potentially requiring overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Asset Management
- Maintain assigned stock of inventory and company equipment.
- Maintain and perform routine inspections and preventive maintenance on tools and shop equipment.
- Work safely and maintain a clean and safe work area in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- Maintain overall warehouse and shop efficiency and cleanliness, serving as an example to others.
- Prototype and Production and Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality project performance on budget and schedule.
- Understand and work within project scope and budgets.
- In coordination with the senior technician, identify and mitigate technical risk.
- Assist in real-time incorporation of customer-directed design changes.
- Assist in generation of documentation of as-built configurations and test reports.
- Communicate with senior technician and project staff in an open, timely and effective manner.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with three-four years of progressive hands-on experience in facility infrastructure components and systems.
- Journeyman Electrical or HVAC license.
- Basic skills in Windows/MS Office required.
- Eligibility to attain security clearance required.
Posting ID: 593576395Posted: 2021-01-19