Role Description: A core team position, reporting directly to the COO. Requires an experienced Procurement leader able to facilitate and drive results leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Keys to Success: Ability to develop, lead and execute the business’s Procurement strategy, yielding improved value/experience for customers and enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business.
- Continuously identifies and implements new opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Leads the Direct and Indirect Strategic Sourcing strategy and process. Conducts requirements analysis, executes supplier selection process, negotiates agreements and manages contracts.
- Owns the end-to-end Procure-to-Pay process for all transaction types. Defines and executes purchase requisition approval process and manages all purchase orders. Makes recommendations on policies and procedures.
- Working with the S&OP Manager, identifies direct material needs and submits Purchase Orders, considering inventory levels and lead times well in advance of actual need.
- Working with inventory manager, orders inventory based on regularly scheduled cycle counts.
- Purchase indirect goods and services as required by the business.
- Tracks PO’s and delivery dates. Works with S&OP Manager and Warehouse/Inventory Manager to ensure received items are updated in the system to reflect the latest inventory levels.
- Manages the vendor relationships, conducting regularly scheduled supplier review meetings. Leads regularly scheduled Business Review Meetings (BRMs), setting the agenda and gathering all performance history. Ensures compliance with agreed upon contractual KPI’s and metrics. Holds vendors accountable when KPI’s aren’t met. Ensures product pricing, discounts and rebates are properly applied according to agreed upon structure.
- As integral part of company’s key business process, implementation, and execution, document and share “best practice” methods, processes and ideas across the business’s supply chain operations to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
- Lead corporate initiatives aimed at improving current business processes. Work to reduce the cost of purchasing, recommending improvements to procedures, contracts and agreements.
- Supports product launches, ensuring purchases of all components and services are conducted in advance, with key objective of meeting launch targets.
REQAUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Lean Management principles, particularly with business transactional processes. Black Belt or Master Black Belt certifications preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, being proactive, self-motivated and anticipating potential risks and issues
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with large amounts of data. Applying reason and logic methodically.
- Understanding of MS Office tools, experience with QuickBooks Enterprise a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills and experience are required
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities
Posting ID: 599629173Posted: 2021-01-21