Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
WHO WE ARE:
Distribution Center General Manager
Standing strong since 1915, a family owned company, United Warehouse
has been implementing innovative logistics solutions for major manufacturers worldwide that have one thing in common: they are dependent on getting their products delivered on time in perfect condition throughout America and the world. Valued partnerships, forged in the heat of the most demanding markets in the world with a stellar record of reliability, a passion for performance, and an unrelenting attention to detail, have helped to build one of the most advanced, capable, flexible, and responsive distribution and logistics service businesses anywhere.
United Warehouse is hiring for a people-oriented, results driven General Manager to lead its public warehouse operation and drive the sites performance. In this strategic role, the GM will oversee the performance of the operations, labor management, equipment/safety, customers, inventory management and security. To be successful in this role, the GM must be action oriented, drives staff development, is diplomatic, a strong leader, values diversity and can manage conflict effectively. The GM is the pinnacle of the site operation and must be a well-rounded individual in both business and leadership.
WHY WORK FOR US:
United Warehouse is a people company first, public warehouse second. It s a family. Our organization specializes in working with a variety of customers who all have different objectives and specific needs as it relates to warehousing. We as a company make those needs happen so that our customers can be successful with their business. The same goes for our people. Our people here at United Warehouse all have different lifestyles and unique needs, and they choose United as their employer of choice because of how our company supports its people in many different ways. Whether it be career growth, job stability, above market wages, flexibility, rewarding work, there is always something here for everyone. Not only do we make our customers successful in what they do, but we strive to make our employees successful in what they do. United Warehouse, success by its people since 1915.
As a member of the United family, you will receive:
*Benefits may vary depending on employment status*
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Robust first year compensation
- Year end bonuses based on company performance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation time for the things you love to do
- Paid holiday s
- Retirement planning-401k, vested immediately
- Education reimbursement for professional development
- Company paid AD&D insurance, Short term disability, Term Life Insurance
- Rewarding career to support your particular lifestyle
- Fun and engaging work environment built on team unity
- Continual training to help advance your skills for career development
- Job satisfaction knowing you make a difference in the work you do and customers we serve
- Develop staff to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility
- Oversee all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handlining, returned/damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities.
- Ensures the customer receives a premium customer experience while partnered with the company
- Maximize labor resources to support the business needs and future sales forecasts
- Focus on continuous improvement initiatives and make recommendations to senior management of program or operational improvements
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques to lead and drive staff
- Direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property
- Maintain and promote a professional and courteous culture
- Help foster and manage the customer relationship
- Meet with customers to discuss performance against KPI s
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all products
- Ensure the security of the facility, its environment, employees and contents
- Conduct regular instruction on good security and safety practices
- Oversee and manage GMP Audits, Regulatory audits, GMP s, A.I.B Audits, SQF Regulations, Pest Control, and Hazmat programs
- Understand Human Resource Management
- Oversee and manage site financial responsibilities
United Warehouse Company is an Equal Employer Opportunity and drug-free workplace.
Apply Online Below
- Bachelor s degree in business management, supply chain or equivalate. Preferred but not required
- 8 years of demonstrated warehouse management experience
- Proven performance in driving successful warehouse performance
- Advanced experience with database, accounting and enterprise resource planning software
- Advanced experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of warehouse and transportation operations