eVigilant, a Converged Security Solutions Company, is seeking an Electronic Security Systems Engineer to join our team in Manassas, VA
Seeking an Engineering professional with experience in designing/estimating Electronic Security Systems including Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Detection Notification, and Video Management systems. The applicant shall also be committed to industry quality and safety practices. The Engineer is responsible for the overall design direction, code compliancy and support for assigned projects. The person selected to fill this role will need to have the ability to complete their projects as well as collaborate with other technical professionals in a dynamic environment with management and customers at all levels. The person must be able to work in a high paced, quickly changing environment with the ability to multitask and adapt as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop project scoping documents, equipment specifications, prepare logic diagrams, panel layout details, battery loading, and device layout details.
- Planning and design details including engineering concepts, distribution plans, riser diagrams, detail drawings, schedules, specifications, design analysis, engineering reports, etc.
- Familiar with and able to interpret and apply national consensus codes and standards, such as ICD705, UL2050, and various other ISA and IEEE standards.
- Familiar with bid evaluation and permit submittal review.
- Provide engineering support to construction forces.
- Provide direction to designers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Conducting technical discussions and meetings with customers and suppliers.
- Provide support for project managers from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with company objectives and contract requirements.
- Create, review and approve proposals, including pricing and cost estimates.
- Manage scope development, design and contract performance, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects.
- Attend assigned organizational and customer meetings.
- Multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Occasional on-site project observations and reviews; duties required to fulfill contractual obligations for construction phase services; overseeing other personnel assigned to this responsibility.
- Some travel may be required.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4 years related experience
- Project Management experience (Preferred)
- Active Secret Clearance (or above) (Preferred)
- Or, Must be able to obtain and hold a government security clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Experience ensuring compliance with safety, OSHA, ANSI, Federal Acquisition Regulation and other project-related rules and regulations
- Experience with low voltage security and camera systems, design, installation, and maintenance preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Walking, stooping, climbing, balancing, lifting, talking, hearing, and sitting for long periods of time
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside job Type: Full-time
Training and Certifications: -
- Northern VA (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) (Preferred)
- CSEIP (Preferred)
- System Manufacturer Certified (i.e. Hirsch, Lenel, AMAG, etc.)
- Current NICET Level certificate is preferred
- United States (Required)
Please apply on our WEB PAGE: www.evolverinc.com\careers Scroll down and type in 2020-3628
At Evolver, a CSS Company, we foster teamwork, growth, individuality and entrepreneurialism. We value employee opinions and encourage them to make a difference by getting involved and being thought-leaders. As a part of the team, we actively promote a working and learning environment that supports a highly qualified workforce and a quality of work life that is based on trust and respect for all employees resulting in a healthy and trusting organizational culture.
Evolver, a Converged Security Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Posting ID: 593607201Posted: 2021-01-23