The DPO Operations Specialist
will conduct quality control reviews of DPO mail processed in US Department of State processing facilities and USPS contracted air carrier facilities within a 60-mile radius of assigned USPS facility to ensure mail is protected, processed timely, and handled in accordance with USPS/DoS policies and procedures. Based at State Dept facility in Sterling, VA, with frequent trips to Dulles airport warehouses to monitor mail movement. Hours: appx 4pm-12am M-F.
- Work closely with USPS, Customs, DoS, DoD and commercial airlines representatives to resolve DPO mail problems.
- Navigate USPS, DoS, and DoD systems and applications to investigate and resolve DPO mail issues.
- Conduct research and respond to customer inquiries regarding DPO mail.
- Daily use of DPO modules of the Integrated Logistics Management Software (ILMS) in performance of duties.
- Interact and research UNCLASS Pouch Mail issues at the gateways as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of direct experience with USPS, DoS, and DoD postal policies and regulations.
- Educated and trained on DPO modules of ILMS
- Logistics/mail handling background required
- Clean driving record required
- Public Trust required
- Proven proficiency with commercial software, including AMPS and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel <10%
- #Kapsuun Group, LLC
Posting ID: 557432009Posted: 2021-01-20