A unique opportunity in a specialized dental field! We offer you an exciting opportunity with a well-established, multi-faceted, integrative functional pediatric dental practice. We are seeking a patient-focused, detail-oriented, director of first impressions with impeccable style and manners. If you are friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you.
At Ashburn Children's Dentistry, the Patient Experience Concierge is a critical position. You’re the first friendly face every person who visits our offices sees, and the person who makes the last impression as they leave. This is a permanent and full-time position.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, the Patient Experience Concierge is required to uphold our standards of patient experience and always ensure the highest level of customer service. Work experience in a dental practice is preferred and willing to train the right person!
Come join our growing dental family, if you want to help children smile help us continue changing the lives of our patients!
**Please complete the ENTIRE application to be considered for the position.**Compensation:
$18 - $20 hourlyResponsibilities:
To be a superlative ambassador of the practice. No job is too big or too small.
- Performs clerical and administrative functions such as record management – Ensuring proper information is obtained and communicated with the patient (i.e. identification, patient history, insurance information, missed appointment policy, arrival instructions, intake form, etc.) Once the information is obtained it must be properly filed on the patient’s record
- Responsible for Pre-Screening and Obtaining/Verifying patient information, answers basic questions concerning their insurance
- Provide excellent Customer Service, ensuring that client unique needs are met
- Create content and post on social media at least twice per week, manage online patient engagement
- Monitor and manage comments and questions that arrive via social media channels
- Play a key role in converting patient leads to booked patients
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, responding to patient calls and emails
- Collect and process patient visit payments and co-payments
- Reviews schedules for next day appointments for needed information, balance due, and needed referrals and obtaining referrals if required. Runs reports as specified by the practice manager
- Oversees patient lounge, brushing station, and restroom neat and tidy as well as serve hot/cold beverage to our guests, reports problems or irregularities to the practice manager/team leader
- Perform facilities rounding to ensure patients are kept aware of their wait time expectations and that the reception area is clean, safe, and comfortable for patients, family, and visitors
- Assists in inventory purchasing as it relates to his/her area
- Maintain information within our electronic health record system while upholding the highest standards of confidentiality
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing professional development
Education, Experience, and Skill Sets:
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- One year minimum office experience
- Dental Experience preferred
- Experience in a customer service-oriented position(Hotel Front Desk/Reservations, Restaurant, or Retail) preferred
- Patient Registration/Admissions experience is highly preferred, in dental, medical or another fast-paced, highly interactive customer service atmosphere
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, social media, and the ability to learn new programs
- Accurate typing at 50 words per minute
- "Customer Service" DNA
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, management, and relationship-building skills
- Effective and exceptional written and verbal communication skills; Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to multitask
- Sense of urgency for attending to new patient leads
- Able to understand the big-picture context
- Comfortable discussing financial arrangements and insurance
- Excited to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Focused on accuracy and completion
- Warm, friendly, professional, polished
- Coachable and able to take direction
- Good listener
- Competitive paid time off for full-time members which increase as you grow in your career with us
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k
- Ability to work 36 - 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday (some days as early as 7:30 am and ending some days at 7 pm)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturday's per month (7:30 am - 1 pm)
- Reliable transportation to Ashburn, Virginia in all types of weather
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; we were most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering quality customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through the door to when they exit it.
We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education and collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritizes overall health at each stage of development.
We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise exciting opportunities and growth potential.