Eaton's Power Quality division is seeking a Field Service Electronics Technician to join our team of world-class customer service professionals. This position is based in the Manassas, VA or Hanover, MD areas.
Eaton's Power Quality division designs, manufactures, and services Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic-based products to ensure power reliability in the most demanding applications. Our technicians deliver mission-critical solutions to our customers' most challenging energy management requirements.Why Eaton?
- Be a key member of a world-class service organization that recently celebrated 12 consecutive years of growth.
- Join an organization where your health & safety are the number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions.
- Have the support of a robust internal infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support.
- Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at a world-class training facility as well as field-based mentoring.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation.
- Tools including a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, meters and smartphone.
- Award winning efforts to recruit and support military veterans and their families.
In this role, you will perform on-site emergency repairs, start-up services and preventative maintenance in a 24/7 on-call environment with regional responsibility. Products to include UPS systems, power distribution units and batteries. You will provide technical support to customers and serve as technical advisor for operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. This position will be located remotely and will work out of a home office within the immediate geographic area.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
#LI-KL1Qualifications :Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, and electronic experience.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate Manassas VA or Hanover MD geographic areas will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria :
- Associate's Degree in a technical field from an accredited school and/or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
- Ability to read schematics drawings and company technical publications
- Ability to read electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Ability to work with other CSEs and take directions from the lead CSE on site
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment checks
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools
- Understand need for safety, and comply with company and customer rules on safety
- Must demonstrate proficiency on products and field processes before being dispatched to the field
- Must provide high quality of service
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills
Posting ID: 565562273Posted: 2020-10-20