Relationship Case Manager
Thank you for your interest in a position with FinFit Life. FinFit Life has an immediate opening for a self-driven, detail-oriented individual looking for a career opportunity in the insurance industry. We are seeking the right candidate to join our Operations team servicing field agents across the country. The Relationship Case Manager is a key role in FinFit Life's Operations team. This position will support our sales team and will be the primary contact during the underwriting process. This role requires frequent engagement, communication, and coordination with agents, insurance carriers and clients. In this role, the Relationship Case Manager provides complete back-office support, sets and manages expectations, and provides a superior customer service experience throughout the new business and underwriting process.
Job Description Summary:
Maintain primary ownership of cases during the underwriting process which requires engaging in frequent communication and coordination between FinFit Life agents, life insurance carrier, and clients. Responsible for setting agent and client’s expectations appropriately and providing a World Class Customer Service experience throughout the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Obtain additional information where necessary and analyze all pertinent data to determine acceptability of risks according to established underwriting guidelines.
· Evaluate, accept, reject or modify risks within established underwriting guidelines.
· Maintain liaisons with agents to obtain necessary underwriting information.
· Provide assistance, consultation and advice on underwriting matters to field agents.
· Manage the necessary components for the New Business process; identify cases that need special handling. Review case requirements/statuses daily
· Respond to inquiries regarding case management and underwriting. Serve as a single point of contact to agents. Receive and resolve complex and/or sensitive customer service inquiries, complaints and problems with quality or accuracy in a timely manner. Proactively resolve any issues and inquires
· Conduct recurring agent updates/communication (e.g. regularly scheduled calls or emails)
· Communicate with John Hancock regularly (e.g. hold scheduled calls with JH’s case managers to address pertinent or stalled cases)
· Address additional underwriting questions when possible, or confer with agents and communicate on their behalf
· Follow up with clients / paramedical vendors when necessary (exams and blood/urine are ordered by JH)
· Work with agents and clients to obtain medical records when required (either electronic health records via Human API, or traditional Attending Physician Statement orders from physician’s office and/or copy service)
· Submit Documents via SalesHub (e.g. APS, delivery signatures, paper applications)
· Report pending/issued/delivered case and timeline data weekly to management
· Selectively question JH underwriters about medical requirements and engage/negotiate (with assistance by experienced personnel affiliated with FFL)
· Facilitate occasional paper applications (i.e. provide correct forms, review, and submit via SalesHub)
· Address miscellaneous errors by the agent or JH via communication and/or document submission (e.g. acknowledging duplicate/unnecessary requirements, locating juvenile cases submitted via iPipeline iGO not properly routed to FFL by the writing agent)
· Assist with delivery requirements via DocuSign (i.e. setting up e-signature for agents/clients at policy delivery). Ensure delivery requirements and payments for issued policies are received in a timely manner
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge of underwriting requirements for life insurance, understanding of how a life insurance application is processed
· Analytical ability to evaluate underwriting risks.
· 3+ years of life insurance underwriting experience.
· 2+ years of customer service experience
· Project management and problem-solving abilities
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Clear and effective organization skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently
· Working knowledge of desktop applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Discretion while handling confidential matters (e.g. medical records)
· Comfortable in a team environment and supportive of corporate change
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Exceptional customer service with the mindset of going above and beyond for every customer interaction
· Effective time management skills
· Ability to work in a self-directed fashion
· Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
· Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced sales environment
· Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment and problem solving in a professional area
Job Type: Full-Time