Dynalectric DC is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations and maintenance. Dynalectric DC is one of the nation's leading electrical contractors, serving the Washington DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia Region since 1965.Job Title:
Electrical Construction Project ManagerJob Description:
The Project Manager works collaboratively with internal administration, support, and technical personnel, as well as external customers to manage and coordinate electrical service and construction activities to meet both project and company objectives. They oversee and manage assigned electrical construction projects to ensure projects are completed safely, on time, within budget, per contract and specifications, to the Customer's satisfaction, and in the best interest of Dynalectric DC. The Project Manager will ensure a safe working environment for all employees.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain exceptional, first class customer service.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers, peers, supervisors, administrative staff, field craft workers, field supervision, vendors, subcontractors, inspectors, and power companies based on respect, trust and integrity.
- Execute and manage all terms of project contracts.
- Partner with Foreman, Project Engineers, Assistant Project Managers, and Estimators to ensure a complete scope of work is defined.
- Monitor and manage all project budgets and costs.
- Develop and manage accurate cost projections and evaluate project performance; update monthly Work-In-Progress.
- Monitor and prepare project schedules with milestone deadlines to achieve.
- Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with entire project team, including Project Foreman, Project Manager, General Contractor, Architect/Engineer, and other subcontractors.
- Prepare and manage communications with General Contractors or Construction Managers for assigned projects.
- Generate new work by developing new relationships and maintaining existing relationships with Owners and General Contractors.
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations on project change orders.
- Offer creative, cutting-edge, and outside-the-box ideas and solutions to the Dynalectric project team and our Customers.
- Estimate/price and negotiate change orders as required.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, and subsequent construction documents to confirm project requirements and opportunities for value engineering.
- Provide attention to detail, efficiency, and integrity in all aspects of the work.
- Proactively manage billings to maintain positive cash flow; prepare documents for billing purposes and coordinate with accounting personnel.
- Conduct and document procurement activities and efforts, including, but not limited to, commodity materials, consumables, necessary tools and equipment, major material packages, and subcontracts.
- Report and resolve customer concerns and/or grievances as needed.
- Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Hold a valid driver's license and responsible transportation required.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Travel to various project sites as required.
- 3+ year's prior experience in electrical construction project management or related field experience.
- The ability to be a reliable co-worker able to function well within a team environment.
- The ability to lead, manage, and motivate project teams
- Entrust responsibility and authority to project personnel, establish accountability for results and create a positive work environment for every project team member to mutually thrive personally and professionally, and exceed company and project goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing projects
- Flexibility and adaptability in utilizing a wide range of computer software including Microsoft Office, Accubid, Constructware, Bluebeam, Kahua, Procore, PlanGrid, etc.
- Working knowledge of construction contract language and terms.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electrical concepts, practices and procedures.
- Engineer-in-training certification, Journeyman license, and field experience preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee may be occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed inside and outside, which may include adverse weather conditionsPhysical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F Disability VET
Posting ID: 599480640Posted: 2021-01-14