Allied Materials is a privately owned manufacturing company based locally in Kansas City for over 60 years. Allied’s clients range from the US Military, independent retail stores to national retail chains such as Target, Barnes and Noble, CVS, and Hobby Lobby, among others. We have been fortunate to experience double-digit growth for ten consecutive years, and we are once again expanding!
Hours – Full Time 40 Hour per week M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Wages, plus overtime as needed!
- Paid Bi-Weekly
- Full Benefits Offered Including: Health Insurance, Dental, 401k and Life Insurance
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off Accruing Weekly
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Generous Bonus Incentives offered for referrals!
- Clean, air-conditioned work environment.
The Staffing Specialist/Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, and manages the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives, write and rewrite job descriptions that reflect each position’s requirements as necessary with a keen understanding of the differences between various roles within the organization.
- Source and recruit candidates, prepare recruitment materials and post jobs by using databases, social media, professional networks, etc.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications and conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates. Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Responsible for on boarding process for all new employees, administers pre-employment tests and background searches; conducts reference checks.
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Answer non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Allied Materials is a privately owned manufacturing company based locally in Kansas City for over 60 years. Allied’s clients range from the US Military and several branches of the armed forces to national retail chains such as Target, Barnes and Noble, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby among others. We have been fortunate to experience double-digit growth for 10 consecutive years, and we are once again expanding.
Posting ID: 597875984Posted: 2021-01-17