Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Advance vaccine and therapeutic protein candidates including monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and virus-like particles for preclinical development programs.
- Participate in cell line development platform design, optimization, and cycle-time reduction studies including methods for clone selection, expansion, ranking, and characterization by reviewing recent literature and new technologies.
- Independently plan and execute small-scale process development studies using various culture vessels including tissue culture plates, shake flasks, and small-scale bioreactors.
- Contribute to expression vector design and optimization studies utilizing knowledge of molecular biology techniques.
- Identify, propose, and execute process and procedural changes to improve process performance, robustness, productivity, and efficiency.
- Prepare plasmid DNA using standard molecular cloning techniques.
- Perform transfection, selection, and maintenance of cells expressing proteins of interest.
- Generate and evaluate recombinant CHO cell lines using automated platforms for clone selection and screening.
- Generate, maintain and review accurate daily records of experiments and results in a laboratory notebook.
- Prepare and review experimental plans, proposals, reports, SOPs, and production records.
- Collect information, draft and verify data for CMC sections of pre-IND and IND documents to ensure successful registration of candidates.
- Review experiments in order to evaluate the progress of the research and ensure that experiments and documentation conform to established protocols.
- Work closely with other members of CLD team, upstream process development and downstream process development teams to improve workflow efficiency and overall process yield.
- Ensure timely completion of lab cleaning, equipment maintenance, and supply ordering by team members.
- Work with team director to manage project timelines and provide regular updates to project teams.
- Coordinate team meeting updates and presentations.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with a minimum of 2 years of independent research experience in an academic or industrial setting or M.S. in Biological Sciences with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture along with supporting technologies for cell line engineering including cell counting, high-throughput transfection, single-cell cloning, and flow cytometry.
- Familiarity with molecular cloning methods, PCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Ability to independently design experiments and work plans and manage project timelines for complex projects.
- Experience in preparing technical reports, standard operating procedures, and data presentations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment within the cell line development team and with other teams.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.