Plasser American Corporation is currently seeking Full Time Surfacing Equipment Manager-Operators to operate Tamping and Surfacing equipment for long term surfacing projects located in North America.
Duties will Include the following:
- Maintain written documentation pertaining to the assigned job.
- Ability to meet daily and weekly objectives
- Perform maintenance and repair on related equipment used in Maintenance of Way, as necessary.
- Follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures pertaining to the job
- Instruct and direct others, determine priorities and assign workforce accordingly.
- Operates tamping machines to perform the work the machine is designed for. Which is the raising, leveling and aligning of the Railroad Track Structure to the desired specifications of the owner and per the precise job specifications and requirements.
- Manages and performs the tamping and regulating of ballast machines and other supervisory tasks required for surfacing operations.
- Inspects and maintains trucks and equipment on a daily basis including but not limited to any attached apparatuses such as boom, hi-rail gear, tools, etc.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs daily equipment safety and maintenance checks, making emergency adjustments as necessary and documentation per daily inspection and repairs reports.
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work requirements.
- Performs mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repairs in the field and or the shop.
- Communicates with Business Unit Manager and Railroad representative on daily production, safety issues, and mechanical repairs.
- Orders parts on their own and communicates with appropriate railroad representative
- Drives machines onto truck trailers and or flat cars
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems.
- Coordinate work schedules with Railroad EIC, third party contractors and others.
- Pre-plans work activities with railroad to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Document job progress and maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Plans the day-to-day operations with customer on assigned task and ensures that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labor, tools, equipment and material.
- Takes responsibility for performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and following company policies and procedures. Initiates follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Adhere to all safety training requirements and be a leader in maintaining a safety-first attitude.
- Reviews all project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications and drawings.
- Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers and falling objects
- Conducts daily briefing with team to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Communicates with customer and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with additional contractors or sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
- Trains and motivates workers.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis
- Plasser American offers a robust benefits package including medical and dental coverage.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidates may be located in or near the vicinities of Norfolk, Virginia; Louisville, Kentucky; Denver, Colorado; Memphis, TN; Birmingham, AL; Atlanta, GA; Omaha, NE; Kansas City, MO or KS; Jacksonville, FL; Nashville, TN or Dallas, TX.
Posting ID: 600023712Posted: 2021-01-19