JOB DECRIPTION –Direct Support Professional (DSP):
DSP is an entry level position at Open Hands of Caring Penn Foundations. The starting pay is $10-$11 per hour. (please apply @ www.openhandocpf.org)
• Supported Living: The DSP reports to the Director’s and or the Support Living Supervisor. The DSP may also be giving direction by the nurse / LPN, or team members.
• Meets DSP job and skill requirements, job related attributes, and values.
• Capable of exercising good judgement, acting responsible, receiving
feedback, and guidance.
• English literacy and communication skills.
• Fulfills all appropriate orientation and training.
• Highschool diploma or GED.
• Age 18years or older (under 21 are non – drivers).
• United States citizen or legal immigrant.
• Valid Ohio Driver’s license with 4 or less points.
• Ability to pass a drug test (must be completed before the start date of orientation).
• Satisfactory ability to lift up to 50 pounds, transfer client safely, complete household choirs,
and respond quickly to emergencies.
• Satisfactory visual and auditory surveillance, alertness, stamina, and dexterity.
• Desire to work with individuals with disabilities in a caring environment.
• Personal motor vehicle and automobile insurance.
Open Hands of Caring Penn Foundation.
JOB PREVIEW: Direct Support Professional (DSP)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Direct Support Professional is responsible for the direct care,
safety, hygiene, and welfare of each resident living in the home in accordance with resident's
Individual service Plan’s and with respect to the dignity of each resident. The Direct Support Professional will remain awake and alert at all times regardless of the shift
1. Promote good hygiene and grooming for residents. Assist with personal care
(bathing, showering, toileting, shaving, dental & nail care, etc.).
2. Administer and supervise the residents in taking of medications and treatments and record
those activities under the direction of a nurse.
3. Willing to work a flexible schedule. Actual duties may vary according to the
client’s needs, specific assignments, or work site.
4. Maintain, record, and review required documentation regarding the personal progress and skill development of each resident and provide recommendations
Regarding the residents to the Program Coordinator.
5. Implement and document interventions as prescribed by the Individual Services Plan (ISP),
6. Transport residents to and from activities outside the home. May represent them
at support services, including medical appointments, in coordination with the
7. Responsible for the security, domestic chores, and light maintenance tasks; both
Inside and outside the home. Provide guidance and assistance to the residents
In the completion of household chores.
8. Advise maintenance staff of any needed repairs that cannot be done by the on-
9. Maintain the facility food non – food inventories.
10. Promptly report major unusual incidents to the Manager or member on the Administration
Team, and accurately complete an Unusual Incident Report (UIR).
11. Will become and remain aware of Open Hands of Caring Penn Foundation Policies and Procedures; as
well as federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and ordinances.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time