At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Under the limited supervision of the system SPD leader, the Sterile Processing Education Manager will assist the entity Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Manager or Director with the responsibility of designing education and training programs for processing and distribution of sterile instruments and supplies for the designated department/division.
- The Sterile Processing Education Manager develops and conducts education programs that enable staff to acquire and maintain the knowledge, rationales, certification and skills necessary to support operational and organizational goals.
- Develops and implements annual system education and training programs.
- Develops and implements ongoing training program for employees new to the Sterile Processing department to meet the workforce needs of EHC sites.
- Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.
- Assist entity manager with the training and continuing education of employees and accepts responsibility for their growth and development.
- Maintains open and active communication with the medical staff, patient care staff, and interdepartmental staff.
- Ensures the competency of all SPD staff and maintains departmental education records in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Oversees quality and infection control initiatives for SPD. Ensures quarterly audits of employee records at EHC sites is completed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external entities, customers, vendors and other parties for the purposes of training, education and quality.
- Incorporates and participates in continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision of and improvement upon safe and quality services to support patient care.
- Participates in supporting the organization's vision, mission and values and adheres to Emory Healthcare Pledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of Emory Healthcare.
- BachelorÂ¿s Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years Sterile Processing Technician or Surgical Technologist in Sterile Processing.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Sterile Processing as lead trainer or educator.
- Certification in Sterile Processing required.
- Experience with computer software.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to prioritize and delegate assignments.
- Must maintain valid DriverÂ¿s License and vehicle insurance to meet travel requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: 1-10 lbs. 0-33% of the work day (occasionally), negligible 34-66% of the workday (frequently), negligible 67-100% of the workday (constantly). Lifting 10 lbs. max, carrying of small articles such as dockets, ledgers, files, small tools, occasional standing & walking, frequent sitting, close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure, Bio-hazardous waste. chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors, communicable diseases, electrical shock, floor surfaces, hot/cold temperatures, indoor/outdoor conditions, latex, lighting patient care/handling injuries, radiation, shift work, travel may be required, use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Posting ID: 596673636Posted: 2021-01-14