Summary: As a Human Resources Generalist, you will gain a deep understanding of all HR functions within American Fence & Supply Co. and Metal City Fab on both tactical and strategic levels. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the business by providing HR expertise, partnering with senior leadership, and coming up with creative solutions to drive the company forward.
- Manage the talent acquisition process and perform full cycle recruitment by sourcing, screening, interviewing, and evaluating candidates for exempt and non-exempt roles.
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and management to understand the roles to be filled.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions that are thorough, attractive, and legally compliant.
- Identify the most effective methods for recruiting and attractive qualified candidates.
- Advertise jobs using a wide variety of recruiting techniques (i.e. internet postings, networking, LinkedIn, referral programs, schools and universities, career fairs).
- Maintain professional contact with candidates and provide feedback through the selection process.
- Perform background checks and verify references.
- Oversee the candidate selection process and present candidates with offers once approved by management.
- Administer personnel files in a legally compliant manner.
- Perform new hire orientation and employee on-boarding.
- Administer payroll.
- Maintain an open and regular line of communication with all employees.
- Serve as a primary contact for candidates, employees and management on a variety of Human Resources matters.
- Manage employee relations issues.
- Monitor and investigate HR related matters including but not limited to discrimination, harassment, ADA, FMAL, EEOC, DOL, and Wage and Hour.
- Communicate all HR related initiative and matters to employees.
- Design and present Performance Improvement Plans when necessary.
- Administer employee benefit program.
- Evaluate compensation structure and make recommendations to remain fair and competitive.
- Support training and development initiatives.
- Attend career fairs and other industry or networking events.
- Ensure adherence to federal and state labor laws.
- Responsible for additional Human Resources activities as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification(s) preferred.
- Three or more years of HR generalist and full-cycle recruiting experience.
- Experience with payroll administration.
- Experience recruiting employees with a background in construction and/or skilled trades preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of various recruiting methods and best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Google G Suite preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-faced, high-volume environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong adherence to confidentiality.
- Dependable and reliable; able to work overtime as required.
- Proven track record of exercising good judgement on all business matters.
American Fence & Supply Co., Inc.
We Care: We care about people, safety, clients, quality and company.
Commitment: We do what we say. We’re resourceful and we always find a way to deliver.
Passionate: We’re crazy in love with what we do. Business is a game that we love to play and play to win. It’s a pleasure to do business with us.
Accountable: We own it. We follow through to the very end. No excuses.
Excellence: We pursue greatness with a vengeance. We are the professionals.
Humble: We’re happy to be of service and put our own importance second because we know we’re part of something bigger than ourselves.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Schedule
American Fence & Supply Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 593783543Posted: 2021-01-23