FAM Construction, LLC is a joint venture between Ferrovial Agroman and Allan Myers. Ferrovial has been active in the North American transportation industry since 1999. Ferrovial's experience includes some of the largest, most complex transportation projects in the United States. Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic.
Together they have been awarded the Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway project, this project involves multi-modal improvements to 22.5 miles of I-66 corridor from I-495 in Fairfax County to University Boulevard in Prince William County. The project features two express lanes alongside three regular lanes in each direction, with space in the median for future transit; corridor-wide bike and pedestrian improvements; and safety and operational improvements at key interchanges throughout the corridor.
The Transform I66 P3 Project is 22.5 miles long, sectioned into three (3) distinct segments with day, night and weekend operations. This Lead QC Inspector role will be a salary position assigned project wide. The goal of the Lead QC Inspector of Environmental is to enhance the oversite of environmental requirements for the project creating a liaison between the QC Department and the Environmental Department. This role will collect real-time data from the field, review plans for compliance, escalate issues to QC Management and implement strategies for the project that will assist in achieving zero environmental deficiencies.
- From an environmental perspective, will use project schedules to understand areas requiring inspection.
- Will research plan sets to understand the phase of construction then inspect areas to compare findings
- Will write reports for areas inspected to document findings and share discrepancies with QC, Environmental, and Construction departments so timely and effective corrections can be made
- Will participate in and report on VDOT C107 Environmental walkthroughs of the project.
- Will perform spot checks and random site visits on previously installed BMP's, gathering intelligence and bringing the findings to the QC Department for knowledge and assistance for improvements
- Responsible for leading and managing any inspectors that may be assigned to them with the goal of inspecting during and throughout the install process with interest to locate issues early, share with builder and ensure deficiencies are denied access to the finished products
- Responsible for random materials inspection involved with environmental needs and ensuring appropriate documentation is being turned in
- Is responsible to assist with any non-conformances related to environmental, building reports on environmental issues and helping with closing open issues
- Responsible to perform any other inspection duties as requested by Quality Control Department
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in quality and or environmental inspection on large highway Design & Build (DB) or Public-Private Partner (P3) Projects preferred
- OSHA Ten (10) hour or higher
- Familiar with requirements of SWPPP
- VDOT ESCCC (Erosion & Siltation Control Contractor Course)
- Virginia DEQ Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector & Plan Reviewer
- Virginia DEQ Storm water Management Inspector & Plan Reviewer
- Familiar with requirements of SWPPP
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Concepts
- Knowledge of quality reporting procedures with use of quality forms and checklists
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Excellent with report writing, documentation, and electronic filing
**FAM Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Posting ID: 563510823Posted: 2021-01-26