The American Physiological Society (APS) was founded in 1887 and is a global leader in expanding knowledge related to biological function. It connects a multidisciplinary community of nearly 10,000 scientists and educators from around the world, driving collaboration and spotlighting scientific discoveries in physiology and related disciplines. The members are advancing treatments and cures for everything from cancer and heart disease, to obesity and addiction. They are also deepening insight into living organisms generally, helping us to better understand how things like climate change are affecting the world around us.
APS is seeking a Project Assistant, Member Communities. This position provides award, fellowship, program, and meeting support to staff and for several internally and externally funded Member Communities programs. Some of the member communities include the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), Physiologists in Industry, Trainee Advisory and Women in Physiology Committees and sections.
The Project Assistant, Member Communities will:
- In collaboration with the Awards and Events Manager and Manager, Member Communities, assists in the preparation of draft award and fellowship promotion plans, web site updates, online application materials; assists applicants with their award and fellowship applications and prepares applications for review by committee members. Generates draft correspondence to all applicants and recipients with approval by supervisor(s).
- Works with the Awards and Events Manager to update online information pertaining to awards, fellowships and programs including awardee/fellow recipient lists, application criteria and deadlines with supervisor(s) approval.
- Maintains and tracks applicants, participants and APS volunteers using the online award system, Excel databases, membership database and SurveyMonkey, verifies applicant membership status, generates reports, demographic information, forms, letters, certificates, and tables to track recipient professional development course assignments. In collaboration with the Data Analyst, tracks evaluation data and drafts reports for review and use by program staff and APS committees.
- Receives, tracks, and conducts an initial review of fellow and committee member expenses (travel expense reports, invoices etc.) with appropriate coding for approval by supervisor.
- Communicates regularly with program participants, APS volunteers, award recipients and sections with various communication channels, e.g., Informz and community engagement platforms in collaboration with the section administrator and member community's manager.
- Monitors online professional development courses for fellowship participants; tracks participation and sends reminders. Collects progress reports and assignments from a learning management system to be used in evaluation and promotion.
- Provides support in the preparation and shipment of materials for our D&I exhibit program and annual meeting. Communicates with the supervising manager and director before finalizing packing lists and shipping any materials. May attend meetings and conferences as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and grant/foundation proposals by preparing reports of awardee and participant lists and participant activities.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Meeting and Convention Manager, Location: Rockville, MD - 20852
Posting ID: 598674135Posted: 2021-01-23