Currently we are seeking a dynamic Contract Manager to join our busy team and work in our new corporate offices in Reston, Virginia.
This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned government & commercial contracts expert to manage contract department functions, process improvement and adherence in a diverse, rapidly growing mid-tier company. We are seeking an individual to oversee all aspects of the Contracts function for the Converged Security Solutions family of companies (CSS). The successful candidate will have an instrumental role in driving day-to-day operations by implementing and maintaining the Policies, Processes and Procedures necessary for an effective and compliant contracts department. Contracts Manager is responsible for accomplishing federal and commercial contracts/subcontract negotiation and management, audits, and providing comprehensive and accurate responses to data requests. The position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented candidate with strong management, collaboration, and communication skills. The selected candidate will provide leadership to business units and ensure agreements protect the interests of the company. The candidate must be independent and a self-starter and as much focused on the business of the business as they are on contractual matters and be capable of regularly exercising independent judgment and discretion in solving complex contract and business issues. This position will report to the SVP Contracts & Administration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full life cycle contract management and administration of all contracting activities within the organization including documenting due diligence, verifying supplier profiles, completing reps & certs, negotiation of agreement terms and conditions (whether Company or 3rd Party paper), contract analysis, contract file management, tracking contract status, and executing contract close-out.
- Analyze contract terms and conditions to assess business risks, support development of pricing strategy, and support contract compliance efforts.
- Serve as an advisor to management, the sales team, and program managers to assist with agreement terms, supplier performance, make recommendations concerning contractual rights and obligations and the implications of those terms.
- Interface with client and subcontractor contracting officers and technical support staff to review, mediate, and resolve contract related issues.
- Secure proper approval for non-standard contract clauses in key risk areas. Also, ensure conformity and consistency in application of legal and business policies and practices.
- Establish and monitor detailed workflows and resourcing plans, set deadlines, resolve conflicts, and manage progress with confidence.
- Establish and ensure compliance with internal corporate control policies, especially regarding confidentiality of information, ethics, export compliance, and internal corporate workflow.
- Serve as negotiator of GSA/GWAC contracts and manage contact documents through government portals
- Lead and/or provide assistance on special projects and initiatives, and perform other duties as required.
- Experience shall include proficiency with all forms of government solicitations (RFP, RFQ, and other forms) and managing all forms of government contracts (Cost-type, FFP, T&M ID/IQ contracts, GWACS, and GSA Multiple Award Schedules), including reviewing and understanding pricing, representations and certifications, and subcontracting issues.
- Familiarity with Davis-Bacon, Service Contract Act and Performance based contracting
- Commercial contract management experience.
- Experience with solicitation analysis to include, but not limited to, the review of terms and conditions, risk, potential organizational conflict of interest, teaming flow down requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Supplemental Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards, CPSR requirements, GSA, and DCAA Audit Requirements
- Full Life cycle vendor and supplier contract administration experience.
- Excellent writing skills a must, with a clear understanding of contract formation principles and an ability to draft moderate to complex contractual instruments.
- Strong oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills are required
- Solid leadership, mentoring and supervisory skills
- Able to use independent judgment and creativity applied to the resolution of contract issues.
- Ability to review processes and provide recommendations for streamlining activities
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Limited work travel, but will have to be able to work in different local facilities (Reston, Manassas and work from home may be necessary based on the ongoing pandemic.)
Training and Certifications: -
- BA/BS degree and 8-10+ years of dedicated Federal Government & commercial Contracts management/ administration experience or JD degree.
- Full Benefits and PTO package
For IMMEDIATE Consideration, you MUST apply on our webpage, www.evolverinc.com\careers\ Scroll to Job ID 2021-3748, and follow all directions to apply. This is best submitted from a laptop or Desktop. The application is not Mobile App friendly. All lines must have data. IF there is something that you are missing, please place a period (.) on the line.
At Evolver, a CSS Company, we foster teamwork, growth, individuality and entrepreneurialism. We value employee opinions and encourage them to make a difference by getting involved and being thought-leaders. As a part of the team, we actively promote a working and learning environment that supports a highly qualified workforce and a quality of work life that is based on trust and respect for all employees resulting in a healthy and trusting organizational culture.
Evolver, a Converged Security Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Posting ID: 601982504Posted: 2021-03-03