The Emmes Company, LLC is searching for an Associate Director of Marketing & Communications.
The Emmes Company, LLC is a Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over eight hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation. Primary Purpose
The Associate Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for directing all aspects of Emmes marketing and communications and works as an integral part of a cross-functional commercial team from initial development of go-to-market strategies through execution and tracking of results. The Associate Director of Marketing and Communications leads a team responsible for developing market strategies, designing campaigns and communications to support them, and working collaboratively with other members of the commercial and operational teams to achieve corporate strategic, financial and growth goals. Responsibilities
- Direct all aspects of the marketing and communications functions under the leadership of the Chief Business Officer of Emmes.
- Gather market intelligence on customer needs, purchasing behavior, market trends, and perceptions of Emmes and key competitors
- Develop, refining and communicating Emmes' value propositions and differentiation through effective messaging, thought leadership initiatives, advertising, public relations, marketing and other external communications
- Envision and create targeted marketing campaigns and materials that drive brand awareness and positive perceptions of Emmes in the marketplace
- In collaboration with other team members, track performance of strategies through measurement and analysis of sales, marketing and other commercial data
- Support the sales team on a variety of customer-focused initiatives, including lead generation and tracking, trade show management, market research, and marketing/sales content
- Collaborate with Clinical colleagues to identify and select key conferences and trade shows for Emmes to attend
- Contribute to new service development and product launches as part of a joint commercial and operational team
- Manage external vendors including marketing, sales, public relations, digital media and other firms
- Coordinate all internal and external communications projects
- Set up marketing automation software within CRM and uses data to direct campaigns
CONNECT WITH US!!
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field. MBA a strong plus
- A minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in marketing or related disciplines that provide the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this role
- At least 5 years of marketing in the healthcare industry. Specific experience in the market for outsourced contract/clinical research market a plus
- Outstanding written, oral and listening communication skills
- Ability to conduct research on markets, customers, competitors and other areas of importance to identify opportunities for growth and to support Emmes' business and go-to-market strategies
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Proven expertise in managing web sites, social media platforms, video productions, and other digital marketing technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in developing marketing and sales collateral to support corporate messaging and marketing campaigns
- Experience in managing and tracking marketing and sales analytics from customer relationship management and marketing automation, and Emmes financial systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, collaborate within a matrix environment and influence senior business leaders
- Skilled in using customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation systems, and digital platforms (e.g. websites, social media, etc.)
- Skilled in using PC based computer hardware and software including Microsoft WORD, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Possess strong research, analytical, writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be an innovative , creative thinker with a desire for continuous learning
- Excellent in managing multiple projects and multitasking to deliver on project timelines
- Must possess sound and independent judgment, strong business acumen and excellent people skills
- Must be a self-starter who is resourceful, creative, requires minimal direction, and is willing to go the extra mile to deliver marketing excellence
- Willingness to travel ~10% travel
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.