Ingleside at King Farm is a not-for-profit, continuing care retirement community central to the award-winning inter generational King Farm development. We offer small town living just a short ride from the nation's capitol. Inside our walls, you will find a stress free lifestyle with a variety of cultural arts, wellness activities and amenities to choose from, and some of the area's most spacious apartment homes. But most of all, you will find unique members with rich life experiences who have created a community within a community.
This position is not just a dietary aid, it's a position within a fabulous community where your work will be valued and appreciated! The primarily responsibility is to serve our guests efficiently with diligence and courtesy as well as complete knowledge of food and beverage menus. Offering superior customer service and maintaining work station in a clean and orderly manner during shift. Must be able to work under moderate supervision.
If you posses the required experience, are innovative and respectful; a good steward of resources and assets, you take accountability for your actions and strive for excellence, then we would be honored to receive your resume.
Do to the high volume of applicants PLEASE DO NOT CALL to check on the status of your application. Should your resume and application be a good fit you will be contacted.
- Administrative Functions
- Work with the facility's supervisors as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Participate in and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, and in-service training programs, etc., as directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Assist in daily scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean work tables, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
- Return clean utensils to storage area.
- Wash and clean utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as directed.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking trays before distribution.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Perform dish washing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc. and take to dish washing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
Safety and Sanitation:
- Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor on the shift in which they occur.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or body fluids.
- Report missing/illegible labels or MSDS's to your supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information.
- Knock before entering a resident's room.
- Report complaints to your supervisor.
Food Service and/or health care experience are both highly desirable.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 595020554Posted: 2021-01-23