Ashby Ponds is seeking an Assistant General Manager of Dining Services. This position manages the dining room and café staff, and supports all aspects of the mealtime service and the overall efficiency of the kitchen, café, dining room, private dining room and catering areas.
How you will make an impact:
• Supervise schedules, evaluate, train, hire, coach and develop all restaurant staff, café staff and supervisors.
• Ensure proper portioning of food, attractive plate presentation and service standards.
• Supervise the organization and sanitation of restaurant, kitchen, storage and loading dock.
• Ensure the dining staff works safely and adheres to the policies and procedures.
• Participate in resident and employee satisfaction program and activities.
What we offer:
• Quality of life - most of our restaurants employees are out before 9pm!
• Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
• On-site medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
• Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
• State of the art kitchens, top of the line equipment.
• Discounted meals in our restaurants.
• Gated community with 24/7 security.
• A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What you will need:
• Minimum of three years' experience in dining room management, service, and sanitation.
• Bachelors' degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality. Dietetics experience may be substitute for up to one year of experience.
• Ability to supervise multiple dining rooms and large number of employees.
• Be able to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Current applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.
• Flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
Corporate Office Address: 701 Maiden Choice Lane, Catonsville, MD 21228