About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy / Planning
- Support the Regional Head of Global Banking to achieve overall objectives
- Help to drive the short, medium- and long-term strategic direction of the Americas team. Identify key risks and obstacles and help develop a plan to overcome them
- Work with Country Business Heads to help them deliver their objectives and to effectively structure their businesses
- Help to align the Americas business to the Global strategy, Group of conduct and the policies.
- Drive Alignment and Accountability throughout the organisation
- Provide timely and comprehensive administrative support to the Global Banking Head, Head of Commercial Real Estate, Head of Fund Finance and Head of FSIG including telephone coverage, research requests, client support and other tasks/projects as required
- Assist in the preparation of all correspondence, presentations and reports as required
- Manage and coordinate diaries including arranging and booking internal/external meetings
- Organization and maintenance of client files and databases as required (eg contacts) (as required)
- Working with GB colleagues to ensure efficient management of the department (eg in relation to supplies/services) and liaising with other departments (eg IT, Mailroom, Accounts/Finance, HR)
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes, and provide guidance on any operational risk remediation actions
- Responsible for contributing to Global Banking COO initiatives, ensuring adoption of initiatives across the region
- Plan and execute effective management of GB Americas BAU budget
- Keep and maintain adequate records of all business operational data
- Demonstrate understanding of the mechanics of the organisation, so as to provide proactive advice and support in all situations to arrive at the best result in the shortest time
- Act as Business Head Delegate for Travel and Expenses, EProcurement system, Trondent (CWT) system, HR (leave) and Finance (Cost Centre facilitator), IT (SRM requests)
- Execute delegations from Regional Head Global Banking all exceptional approvals
- Lead or participate in other business-specific projects
- Ensure the business meets its obligations under Group Policy, Code of Conduct and complies with local laws and regulations
Team administrator (CRE, FSIG, Fund Finance)
- Prepare claims for reimbursements of business expenses (AMEX, Travel & Expenses)
- Submit monthly expenses in Peoplesoft for approval well within due dates
- Submit invoices for payment in eProcurement
- Submit cash receipts for reimbursement in Peoplesoft
- Raise RMS's as necessary. Work with IT / Tech Procurement teams
- Submit mobile travel form to Technology Procurement team prior to international travel
- Liaise with Finance, Supply Chain Management and FATCA team to on board vendor in the system.
- Perform the Risk assessment to ensure all adequate sanction and anti-bribery screening is completed before creation of the third parties regardless of the value
- Arrange all aspects of travel (international & domestic): flights, trains, cars, hotels, visas - through CWT, internal systems, CIBT
- Set-up meetings when travelling
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of events (internal and client facing) as required
- Work with Regional Head, Regional Management Team to ensure effective communication of key Americas business messages within CIB, throughout Group and externally
- Build a connect with Business Planning Managers to ensure consistency of approach and high-quality information flow
- Act as a sounding board for staff within Global Banking Americas
- New joiners - work with Onboarding Specialist to ensure all technology (computer/phone/etc) have been ordered. Using various systems in coordination with HR, Procurement, IT, CRES
- Terminated employees - ensure all Bank's items are collected (computer/phone/Amex card). Using various systems in coordination with HR, Procurement, IT, CRES
Key Stakeholders :
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global CIB Business Management Team
- Regional and Global Finance Teams
- Regional TB, FM and Corporate Finance Business Management Teams
- Global CIB COO team
- Senior stakeholders throughout the Americas CIB business and their product partners
- CIB UORM, Business Risk Manager, Support and Compliance stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum [ 2 ] years of administrative experience, including organisation, coordination and performance of duties at a reasonable level
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Posting ID: 589126358Posted: 2020-11-24