Bloomingdale's is seeking a security professional to join our team. As a Bloomingdale's Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective you are responsible for protecting the assets and people of your location. Our Asset Protection / Loss Prevention training program will provide you with the knowledge and tools to do the job while you grow in responsibility. Each detective is charged with maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the execution of their duties within the store.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a
quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part
of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus
- Identify, observe and apprehend individual(s) for committing theft by shoplifting
- Must have knowledge of state laws and statutes as related to the crime of shoplifting and apprehensions
- Represent the company to law enforcement and to courts during the prosecution of shoplifters
- Investigating and controlling internal theft
- Participating in store shortage reduction program, including working in partnership with specific departments
- Maintaining building security
- Open and close the building when appropriate
- Applicant should be independent, outgoing and detail oriented.
- Possesses strong written and verbal skills in order to prepare case paperwork and testify in court as a representative of Bloomingdale's
- Must satisfy licensing requirements (as required by state or local jurisdiction).
- Experience operating and monitoring CCTV systems
- Retail experience preferred but will train the right person
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Flexibility with schedule, to include some nights and weekends
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Posting ID: 597286270Posted: 2021-01-16