Resident Care Assistant (Hospitality Aide)(None-Certified Nurse Assistant)
Notre Dame Health Care Center, Inc. Worcester, MA
A Top Rated Skilled Nursing Home Excellent Staffing Ratios Excellent Benefits Weekly Payroll
Who We Are:
Notre Dame Health Care Center, deeply rooted in the heritage the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, is committed to the physical, spiritual, and emotional care of our residents. Located off the shores of Lake Quinsigamond within the woods of the Worcester Land Trust, we seek candidates committed to providing high quality and compassionate care to our residents.
The Resident Care Assistant (RCA) works under the direction and supervision of the healthcare team by providing direct and indirect resident care, such as cleaning, moving residents, assists with personal care and feeding, and doing clerical duties within our skilled nursing home. This rewarding, entry-level opportunity offers support to long-term care residents and individuals. The RCA serve shoulder-to-shoulder with health care worker heroes and gain training and experience on the job. RCA receive on-the-job experience that can lead to becoming Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) or Home Health Aides (HHAs).
• Assist nursing personnel with resident care tasks including responding to call lights, facilitating resident activities, visiting with residents, assisting residents with non-clinical care needs, assist department with general clerical duties.
• Effectively communicates with residents, nurses, and nurse assistants
• Maintains resident confidentiality
• Demonstrates safe patient handling and transfers
• Effectively communicates patient observations to the nurse
• Reports changes in patient health outcomes, as defined by the institution policy
• Completes designated care tasks timely
• Ensures clean patient living environment
• Assist with safe patient mobility including use of gait belt, wheelchair, mechanical-lift,
and other assistive devices
• Ensures patient cleanliness through help with hygiene and elimination care
• Assist with patient nutritional needs, including feeding and adherence to specified dietary
• Other duties as assigned
Please Email Cover Letter and Resume to Steven Small, Executive Director Human Resources at:
Apply Online at www.notredamehealthcare.org
Fax to: (508) 595-0698
Mail To: Notre Dame Health Care Center
ATTN: Human Resources
555 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605
• High school Graduate/GED preferred. Completion of a Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A.) or Home Health Aide (H.H.A.) training program. Activities experience preferred by not required. Nursing home experience preferred but not required.
• English proficiency
• Lived care giving experience as family/informal caregiver, childcare provider, housekeeping, respite provider, is a plus
• Additional training as a direct care worker (Personal Care Attendant, Homemaker, or Personal Care Homemaker) is a plus
RCAs will receive training prior to work within the following areas: safety competency training ,infection control prevention and universal precautions, resident meals and feeding protocols, and general personal care services.