Y-Club Site Director
O'Fallon, MO YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the guidance and supervision of the Child Care/Camp Program Director the Site Director is responsible for assisting with the overall program, supervision of children and day to day operation of the YMCA Y-Club/Day Camp Programs. He/She relates to the staff team, state licensing regulators, school district personnel, children/families and community resource agencies.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Ensure the individual needs of children are met for proper coordination of the program.
2. Utilize solid judgment and discretionary skills as well as make independent decision that will affect the Gateway Region YMCA and its departments.
3. Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, families, school personnel, volunteers, and demonstrate strong public relation skills
4. Ensure YMCA, DHSS and school policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
5. Maintain an environment that ensures children, staff and family safety and well-being.
6. Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities that advance all areas of children's' development and learning, including social, emotional, intellectual and physical competency.
7. Conduct the program in accordance with YMCA goals and principles of developmentally appropriate practices.
8. Supervise and mentor group leaders and camp counselors.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 20 years of age
Possess 2+ years' experience in child care/camp
Must have at least 60 hours of college credit with 12 of those hours in child care
Must have experience working with children
Must have strong communication, organization and detail skills
Must have the ability to relate to children, parents, branch staff members and volunteers
Meet qualifications of a State Certified Director
Must follow directions, have strong leadership skills, be self-motivated and possess knowledge of group work principals and processes
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Physical mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of time
Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment
Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors
Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Posting ID: 563612023Posted: 2020-10-21