Potomac Management Solutions is seeking a full time Adult Psychiatrist to provide services at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center in Fort Hood, Texas.
RELOCATION BONUS OFFERED!
- Psychiatry Physicians will normally work 40 hours per week to exclude Federal holidays and weekend coverage Monday through Friday.
- On-Call Hours: Call services are required.
- Beeper service rotations shall be shared between all available mental health staff members and shall include weeknights, holidays and weekends. Each contracted provider expects to pull no more than five call days per month
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with MTF policies and regulations;
- prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the MTF;
- take part in clinic Quality Assurance Program as required to meet the standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations;
- responsible for maintenance of the highest standards of professional care in the treatment of patients and in the teaching and training of residents and technicians; prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations and diagnosis.
- maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required by the contract;
- ensure all documentation and reports are legible; coordination with other departments of the medical facility staff to provide complete care to patients;
- provide and document medical advice to patients by telephone as appropriate and in accordance with MTF protocols; provide clinical direction to supporting government personnel assigned to their area during the performance of clinical procedures;
- consult with supervisor and/or colleagues, which are normally available, regarding problems either professional or administrative;
- responsible for the quality and the timeliness of treatment records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided; participates in clinical education programs and in clinical staff quality improvement functions as prescribed by Chief, Behavioral Health;
- comply with the MTF quality control program and the standing operating procedures of the MTF;
- participate in clinical and quality review processes as determined by hospital policy.
- Degree/Education A Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or American Osteopathic Association, or Doctor of Osteopathy degree (D.O.) from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensure: have and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine from one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands and must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services.
- Certifications: Board certified or board eligible.
- Life Support Certifications: Must maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer;
- Experience: Continuously employed in the practice of Psychiatry or in training for two of the three years prior to the commencement of services under this contract. Be able to close encounters within seventy-two (72) hours of the patient encounter. Sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat mental diseases and injuries to include but not limited to: Outpatient psychiatric evaluation and treatment of active duty soldiers; Inpatient evaluation and treatment as needed; Consultation/liaison with other hospital services and agencies on Fort Hood, to include command elements; Perform medical evaluation boards, command-directed evaluations, sanity boards, psychological autopsies, and TDRL evaluations; able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other healthcare providers; possess sufficient initiative; and interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion of an internship and residency program (corresponding to the specialty required in the TO) which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association. Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e.,a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training). For s include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada.
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you, apply online today!
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to Potomac Management Solutions by forwarding this job posting.
Potomac Management Solutions, LLC (PMS) specializes in Human Resources/Staffing, Program Operations, Administration, Health Systems Management and Federal Law Enforcement Support. We understand the fundamental component of commercial services as well as state/federal contract management - transforming mission objectives into programs that efficiently support and deliver quality products & services. In conformity with applicable laws, Potomac Management Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, a Vietnam Era veteran, a veteran who has served on active duty for which a campaign badge was authorized, or a newly separated veteran.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites:
Posting ID: 567174801Posted: 2020-08-09