Assists members in choosing and ordering eyeglasses. Uses computer to process orders, fits eyeglasses, dispenses eyeglasses and contacts and oversees apprentices. Provides prompt and courteous member service. Follows department procedures for stocking and cleaning.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Assists members to choose eyeglass frames and lens options appropriate to the lens prescription. Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service.
- Checks contact lenses and completed eyeglass against prescription prior to dispensing to member. Fits and adjusts eyeglasses to member using hand tools and frame warmer and bending with fingers.
- Stocks merchandise and supplies. Follows department procedures and standards for production, record keeping, merchandising and product storage.
- Orders equipment, merchandise and supplies by keying into computer. Keys receipt of special orders from outside vendors. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Rings up orders and over the counter merchandise. Receives accurate payment, makes change, processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper procedures for paperwork, cash handling and performance of duties.
- Measures member for pupilary distance using pupilometer and observes line of sight to determine bifocal placement.
- Keys member orders into computer. Places special orders to outside vendors by telephone.
- Oversees apprentices as required for certification qualification
- Ensures proper cleanup and disposal of potentially hazardous materials.
Experience, skills, education and licenses/certifications
Training and apprenticeship as required by the State of Washington
National ABO and NCLE Certification
Hazard communication and JHA (initial assignment), Professionals HIPAA Training (before beginning work in department)Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 562844392Posted: 2020-11-01