Swim Team CoachPart TimeEast Belleville YMCAPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Team Coach will be responsible for the overall organization, management and daily operation of their team. OUR CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse WorkforceEqual Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VQUALIFICATIONS:
- Conduct all team practices.
- Conduct all home competitions
- Evaluate skills of team members.
- Communicate effectively with team members, their parents and volunteers.
- Adjust and properly handle all equipment.
- Must be able to instruct the principles of their assigned sport/activity.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 1-2 years' experience coaching sport/activity
- Works directly with team members of assigned sport/activity.
- Fundamental knowledge of regulations and the sport/activity
- Must have experience participating in assigned sport/activity, competitive level preferred
- Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
- Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Posting ID: 586269936Posted: 2020-11-11