The purpose of the Custodian is to support the mission of Housing Connect by providing high quality customer service through housekeeping and maintenance activities. This is done by adhering to Housing Connect policies and procedures and by working with other Housing Connect personnel to coordinate essential agency functions.
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
This is a part-time, non-benefits position
Rate of Pay
Duties & Responsibilities
The Custodian supports the mission of Housing by performing a variety of custodial tasks to maintain clean and safe buildings and grounds at Bud Bailey Apartments.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Clean building floors, stairways and elevators by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
- Wash walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
- Gather and dispose of rubbish and waste materials.
- Clean grounds and parking lots of litter, glass or other debris.
- Load and unload supplies manually or by using dollies and/or handcarts.
- Prepare facility for meetings and events by setting up, arranging and removing tables, chairs and decorations.
- Prepare vacant apartments for re-rental, including cleaning and painting.
- Maintain, repair and upgrade properties to assure marketability and safety.
- Remove snow from sidewalks using snow blowers and shovels. Spread snow melting chemicals.
- Submit paperwork and appropriate documentation on a daily basis to Property Manager.
- Maintain current M.S.D.S. forms on all chemicals used in the job.
- Assist other Housing Connect owned properties, as needed.
- One year full-time paid employment in a related field and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have a good working knowledge of cleaning and sanitation methods and products.
- Must know how to properly use and care for all tools and equipment necessary to carry out the required work.
- A valid Utah State Driver’s License, and a good driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High degree of dedication, self-starter, well-motivated and able to operate independently.
- Ability to respond to the demands of the environment.
- Able to work, produce and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision.
- May also be required to provide assistance and/or direction in any of the other areas of Housing Connect’s responsibility.
- Because this job incurs unique liabilities and requires working closely with so many people, it requires a person who is personable, congenial, and thoroughly honest.
Posting ID: 573780455Posted: 2020-11-03