Yoga Group Exercise InstructorPart TimeSouth City Family YMCAPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position's primary goal is to instruct group fitness classes for members OUR CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education: takes courses to expand knowledge base and practical skill.
- Attends all required meetings as directed by their supervisor.
- Screens students carefully for risk factors, and any health problem or medical limitation that would prevent them from participating.
- Gives pre-class instructions; explains goals of aerobics, how to take a pulse and determine target heart rate range.
- Is competent at demonstrating safe and effective exercise technique. Can modify exercises for those with low-back discomfort or musculoskeletal problems, as well as pregnant, de-conditioned or overweight individuals.
- Assess levels of fitness and directs students to appropriate classes, beginning through advance.
- Is conscientious of how the environment is affecting the class; ensures everyone is wearing appropriate footwear and permeable clothing. Is aware of ventilation and temperature. Insists on safe flooring for impact aerobics, Plays music at a level that motivates but doesn't over power cues
- Maintains visual contact, monitors each individual's level of fatigue and looks for signs of overexertion.
- Guides students skillfully through transitions with easily understood cues.
- Encourages students to progress when appropriate; applies principles of overload and rest.
- Set up equipment and stores it securely after class and maintains the cleanliness of the wellness area.
- Responsible for securing own subs if instructor cannot attend scheduled class times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VQUALIFICATIONS:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 18 years or Older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One or more years' experience as a class participant, leader, instructor, or equivalent
- Certification through specialty format required
- Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
- Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Posting ID: 583004199Posted: 2020-10-29