The Company hires and trains individuals with less than one year of experience and enters them into our Driver Training Program. Associate Drivers will receive training and coaching and perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a professional driver position.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Safe and professional operation of a CMV; such as, Combination vehicles or straight trucks with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route and post-trip inspections of equipment utilizing mobile handheld device logs.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver product to customers utilizing lift gates, hand trucks or pallet jacks.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Operating Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as: hand truck and powered pallet jack.
- Maintains product fill levels on store racks, shelves, displays and in coolers; transporting product between truck, backroom and display floor with MHE such as: pallet jack, hand truck.
- Communicate to Supervisor any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer or dispatch planning.
- Identifying and reporting unsafe working conditions.
- Attending and completing all Company training and certifications.
- Follows Company policies, store policies and all applicable local, state and federal laws including DOT regulations
- Provide exceptional customer service to consumers and store personnel by identifying and resolving concerns.
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Class A Commercial driver's license(CDL)
- Acceptable MVR
- Less than one year of commercial driving experience or equivalent military driving experience.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance while kneeling or squatting; reaching above the head; reaching at the waist; bending at the knees.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull manual transport equipment such as: pallet jack, hand truck a minimum of 100 yards without assistance.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
- This position must pass a post offer drug test, DOT physical and background check.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Prior customer service experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Posting ID: 590658759Posted: 2020-12-03