Purchasing Agent - Family-owned masonry & siding company located in Sterling, Virginia is seeking a motivated, creative and energetic full-time Purchasing Adminstrator with 2+ years of experience. The successful candidate must possess strong organizational and computer skills, the ability to work independently, be highly detail oriented and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and verbally. This is a fast paced environment with deadlines and where flexibility and multi-tasking is a must.
- At least two years of purchasing admin experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (all applications - Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Great organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and responsibilities-Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
- Provides administrative and clerical support specifically related to purchasing department activities, managers or staff.
- Maintain files, logs, records of invoices, purchase orders and other related documentation.
- Update PO data in system according to buyers, suppliers, managers request.
- Process and send materials to job sites
- Assist in expediting orders.
- May contact vendors to obtain prices and schedule delivery dates.
- Prepares standard requests for quotation.
- Previous construction purchasing admin experience preferred.
Please send us a cover letter, your resume and a brief description of why we should hire you.