Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle, Co. is one of the most recognized names in the tackle industry and has been a manufacturer of fishing products for over 90 years. Not only do we manufacture our fishhooks right here in Denver, CO, but we distribute premium quality fishhooks, rods, reels, and terminal fishing tackle throughout the United States and in over 40 countries worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to work a 4 day work week, ability to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
The position is the principal contact, spokesperson, interpreter of needs, problem solver, source of policy, and product information whose purpose is to support the sales efforts of the Company by serving as a coordinator and liaison between the Customer, Sales Representative/Agent, and other departments of the Company while being the main contact between Area Representatives and the Company.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to deal with people in a professional manner both orally and through written communications.
- Prefer intermediate skills in Excel, Access, Microsoft Word and Windows XP.
- Oracle experience preferred.
- Self-starter, good organizational skills and detail oriented necessary.
- Proficiency in basic math functions.
- Prefer 10-key experience.
- Due to frequent interaction with clients and attendance at shows, professional appearance and dependability is required.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
Duties by Territory – Each Customer Account Representative will have a geographical territory for which the following duties may be performed:
- Communicates daily with the customer (business owner; buyer for large wholesalers, distributors, and retailers) or Sales
Representative by telephone or written communication regarding: Information about product, terms, computes and quotes prices, deliveries and order status.
- Edits orders received via mail or fax.
- Negotiates and settles customer complaints. Initiates customer credit claims.
- Informs sales agents of transactions in their territory.
- Corresponds to all emails and letters received.
- Authorizes product returns in accordance wIth Company policy.
- Traces and expedites orders. When necessary determine the method of shipment and negotiates method of payment.
- Writes orders received over the telephone (could be up to fifteen pages or more).
- Recommends product for various types of fishing and substitutions for out-of-stock items. Uses influence to guide customers to buy right product for their needs.
- Establishes yearly contract programs under the direction of the National Sales Manager.
- Placement, fulfillment, and compliance of orders received through EDI, store direct call-ins, or communication with Account Field Representative/Agent or other means.
- Accurate maintenance of item pricing and structure, including wings, planograms, or other point of purchase displays.
- Initiates return documentation as appropriate and assist company departments in resolution of returns/credits.
National Account Responsibilities – Each Customer Account Representative may be assigned one or multiple National
Accounts for which the following additional duties may be performed.
- Uses the Internet or other electronic means of communication to resolve discrepancies between the accounts and freight
companies regarding delayed or lost shipments.
- Prepares vendor agreements between designated national Accounts and the Company.
- Develops, designs, and maintains plan-o-gram layouts.
- Initiates expedite reports based on forecasted requirements and current product availability reports.
- Controls order release sequence, insuring highest possible fill rates are maintained and kept within customer stated objectives.
- Accesses Wal-Mart Retail Link, and other customer-provided software systems for point of sale data, inventory levels at account stores and warehouses, and compliance regulations.
- Participates in consumer trade shows, training classes, and User Group meetings in various parts of the US.
- Prepares weekly reports for Company Management on key performance indicators for designated National Accounts.
- Prepares shipments to the Account Field Representative/Agent or designated location to support review of the basic and
regional store modulars.
- Maintains National Accounts key advertising dates, end caps and sales promotions. Coordinates budgeted
promotions, delivery dates and sales results for sales promotions.
- Maintains current customer compliance regulations regarding supply chain management, including
shipping and routing instructions, and shipment packaging, marking, and labeling requirements.
- Notifies IS Department of any pending EDI mapping or information flow changes.
- Participates in presentations at fishing classes, seminars, civic fishing groups, etc.
- Observes and practices all safety and good housekeeping rules and regulations of the Department and/or the Company, such as keeping the office and all office furniture, equipment supplies and other material in a neat and safe manner so the office is functional and efficient.
- Performs similar or less skilled duties when requested.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. when moving catalogs or preparing small shipments or performing similar duties.
- Must have the physical ability to understand and communicate effectively via telephone, email, and fax methods.
- Must be able to work and remain focused on detail in an open office environment where other department phone and business conversations are a part of the environment.
- Must be able sit at a PC and phone for 90% of the 10 hour work day.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, reach, and bend when asked to work at tradeshows.