Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you defining possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; strategic deterrents; satellites and associated space components and services; payload and ground systems; and other strategic space-based initiatives.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Dulles, VA. Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and managing a tracking and reporting system for sector-wide capital expenditures and capital commitments to support the Space Sector's Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP).
- Supporting the development of a SharePoint workflow process to standardize the capital project approval process across the entire Space Sector
- Supporting the tracking of facility usage and the billing process for inter-sector and intra-sector real estate leasing.
- Assisting in the development and management of the Space Sector's real estate and facilities LRSP.
- Performing financial analyses of real estate transactions.
- Consolidating the Space Sector Treasury Forecast and determining cash actuals from evaluation of bank account and accounting data.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
SpaceBusMgt Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3. Basic Qualifications for a Level 2:
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management (or a related field) from an accredited institution with 3+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 1+ years of related professional experience.
Additional Basic qualifications for both levels:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management (or a related field) from an accredited institution with 5+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 3+ years of related professional experience.
- Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel.
- Familiarity with Accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with Real Estate Finance and related financial reporting.
- Familiarity with capital administration within SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Aerospace/Defense Industry experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.