Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Quitman is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Oversee the daily workflow, staffing, orientation, training and developing of employees within the Emergency Department
- Act as the hospital liaison with all pre-hospital emergency medical services
- Organize services and systems necessary for the multidisciplinary approach throughout the continuum of emergency care
- Assume responsibility for the clinical and financial performance of the Emergency Department
- Responsible for the ongoing quality/performance improvement processes related to Emergency Services
- Facilitate Emergency Committee meetings, Emergency Department staff meetings and participates on other committees, task forces as assigned
- Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care for all Emergency Department patients
- Approach others in a tactful manner and treat others with respect and consideration
- Ensure staffing coverage meets productivity standards for department
- Follow through on commitments; accept responsibility for personal actions; and adapt to change
- Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care for all patients
- Support and interpret policies, procedures, philosophy and objectives of the hospital
- Facilitate staff analysis and improvement plans for Emergency Department employee satisfaction workgroup
- Monitor customer satisfaction scores and implements plans to improve them
- Monitor patient volumes, quality of care, and performance of staff to identify areas for improvement
- Maintain a departmental dashboard that includes information and progress on each pillar (People, Service, Quality, Finance, Growth and Clinical Integration)
- Responsible for investigating patient, physician and staff complaints and concerns and works to resolve them
- Complete annual performance evaluation for self and employees and implement plans of correction when needed
- Lead cost efficient and effective Emergency Department operations and create plan of correction for any operating expenses that deviate from budget
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required, Master's degree preferred
- RN license that is active and in good standing
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience in Emergency Services required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) preferred
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) preferred
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with proven track record of building and coaching successful teams
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Posting ID: 596109736Posted: 2021-01-22