Apply Here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/HOTEB.jobs?ShowJob=335726208&TrackId=ZipRecruiter
Hospice East Bay provides compassionate end-of-life services to terminally ill patients in our community, while offering emotional, spiritual, logistical and bereavement support for their families and caregivers. Our vision is to build a diverse workplace that is both professionally stimulating and personally satisfying—an environment of collaboration, celebration, opportunity and growth.
HEB is looking for a Team Assistant that is passionate about our patients, their families, and the community we serve. Come grow with us!
Our Employee Benefits
Hospice East Bay is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits and compensation package for our employees. Our health benefits include 100% employer-paid premiums for our high deductible medical plan offered with a Health Savings Plan partially employer funded for eligible employees. Employer paid dental and vision premiums, Additional benefits include generous paid time off program, educational assistance, and employer-matched contributions to our retirement plan (up to $2,000 annually), Life/AD&D coverage, a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, and convenient discounts on many services, including gym memberships, dry cleaning, produce delivery, mobile phone service, and automotive care.
This position reports to the Clinical Team Manager and is responsible for providing administrative support for the Clinical staff. The incumbent receives functional and professional guidance from clinical management.
- Train/ educate other Team Secretaries on new or revised processes
- Review/ audit patient medical records in All Docs
- Enter/ update/ quality review of patient data on network including all status changes, demographics, etc.
- Email/ update medication lists for MD or NP daily
- Communicate with Admissions Team regarding follow up on outstanding items for new patient admissions
- Maintains monthly re-cert calendar and keep Nurses/ MD notified on a regular basis of outstanding items
- Prepare/ set up/ attend & take minutes for weekly IDT meetings
- Prep weekly for IDT meetings including printing/ distributing agendas, reports, med lists, and patient schedules for RCFE, SNF, ALF patients
- Review that all IDT notes have been entered after weekly IDT meetings
- Answer overflow of telephone calls when Triage, Case Manager, and Team Manager are not available
- Create/ review/ print/ fax/ track/ and approve all orders, certifications, recertification’s, and CTI’s
- Facilitate communication with facilities, providers, patients and families
- Perform additional duties as required by Team Managers to support smooth operations of department and agency
- Fax orders and other necessary paperwork to SNF, BC and ALF patients
- Educate RN’s and other Team Members of Netsmart and paperwork flow/ functions if needed
- Cover other Team Secretaries for absences, vacations, etc.
- Distribute faxes from clinical and copy room fax machines
- Print/ email emergency evacuation list daily
- Enter notice of elections (NOE) into Netsmart daily for billing department
- Order/ arrange/ track/ enter all DME orders into online DME ordering system and Netsmart
- Arrange switch out of equipment with outside DME agencies
- Review/ distribute death/ discharge and patient admission report daily
- Review/ update weekly Kaiser Divert list
- Update/ distribute SNF visit log regularly to MD’s
- Prepare/ distribute patient information to SNF, B&C, ALF, Bruns , other Hospices for transferring or traveling patients
- Order/ copy/ stock all forms used in the Clinical Area
- Pull/ review/ follow up on weekly reports such as Open Orders/ Unverfied Services and report back to Team Manager
- Prepare/ email LVN visit check report to all RNCM’s weekly
- Attend meetings/ sit on committees as needed (i.e. Safety, QAPI, Staff, IDT)
- Using Enclara website print & distribute CII prescriptions for MD signature then fax back to Enclara daily
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to recognize, anticipate and coordinate the maintenance requirements of an In-Patient facility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in busy environment, handle multiple priorities and frequent changes in daily assignments.
- Ability to work independently and follow through with tasks.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to represent the agency to the public with a professional image.
- Perform as a team player working cohesively with other team members and agency staff.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with data input in a clinical system database preferred.
- Previous experience working in a health care/hospice or non-profit setting.
Posting ID: 596531959Posted: 2021-01-15