We are looking for a friendly person like you to join our team! Lincoln Avenue Brewery is a young community brewery that is making an impact on the craft beer community of Pittsburgh. Started in the summer of 2019, Lincoln Avenue Brewery had a tremendous start with unique community support. When you talk to people in Bellevue, the consensus is clear: the neighborhood loves its brewery. The business operated through COVID through take-out and delivery and limited dine-in. As one of the business owners steps away from the day-to-day operations, we are looking for a leader to continue to grow the business and act with an ownership mentality as we move out of the season of COVID.
What you’ll experience:
- A Great Place to Work – You will be part of a team with the goal of it feeling like family for you!
- Home for the Holidays – Closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- Paid vacation - 10 Paid vacation days and 8 Federal holidays
- Free Meals – You’ll be serving authentic homemade, hand-crafted food and chances are, it’ll make you hungry. So, dig in – every full shift worked is a meal on us!
- Opportunity for Advancement – Grow as we grow! Lincoln Avenue Brewery looks forward to seeing our team succeed. Bonus opportunities dependent on restaurant financial results. As the business profits - we want to reward you!
Performs the following tasks on an on-going basis:
- Lead the selection, coaching, and recognition of a highly effective team.
- Continuously provides employees with verbal recognition, direction, and support. Communicates with employees to keep them informed of restaurant procedures, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that arise.
- Teaches, coaches, and documents employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high-quality workforce.
- Provides annual reviews for all employees.
- Trains and empowers employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, food quality, and guest satisfaction. Ensures staff is knowledgeable about the menu, beer, cocktail, and wine selections.
- Monitors and coaches employees on performance, compliance with procedures, and workload.
- Creates and modifies the weekly work schedule to accommodate employees, volume, or other emerging trends. Posts the weekly schedule one week ahead of time.
- Maintain RAMP log for all servers and make sure all serves are remaining current on RAMP certification.
- Ensure staff is completing daily cleaning checklists and that the space is ready for customers.
- Conduct meetings with employees to implement new products and discuss areas of opportunity, specials, events, etc. Seasonable menu selections are encouraged. Communicates ideas with owners of the brewery. As new food items are introduced, give opportunities for staff to try new food and drinks.
- Listens to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, and employees to gain an understanding of areas of strength and opportunity to improve brewery performance. Communicate with owners to address criticisms and areas to improve.
- Fixes minor equipment problems (e.g., light bulbs) or calls for maintenance assistance when equipment problems cannot be fixed in-house to maintain the working condition of equipment and reduce operating costs.
- Ensures all orders are placed to maintain adequate stock of restaurant inventory including kitchen items, bar items, cleaning, paper, and office supplies. Work alongside the brewery to ensure all brewing materials are ordered.
- This includes outside orders of Meade, cider, Auroch’s GF beer, wine, and alcohol
- Supervises deliveries by counting products and checking product quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and quality standards.
- Reads and reviews invoices to verify accuracy and determine expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the restaurant.
- Work alongside the brewer to ensure the brewing schedule meets the needs of the brewery.
- Ensures compliance with all county, state, and federal guidelines. Complete all necessary paperwork and weekly and monthly reports. Monthly - sales tax, beverage tax, malt beverage tax, annual TTB malt beverage.
- Balances staffing levels and labor costs to achieve a cost-effective plan.
- Conducts cash drops, reviews credit card totals, and verifies deposit slips.
- Ensures cash register is ready at the beginning of each shift
- Maintains cash drawer ensuring that sufficient change is available at the beginning of each shift, operated and closed each day. Makes bank deposits.
- Ensure all local, state, and federal taxes are paid on time.
- Completes reports to ensure accurate sales and inventory record keeping, determine goal accomplishments, and establish future business plans, goals, and sales projections.
- Process payroll every Sunday ensuring all timecards are correct
- Complete a weekly profit and loss statement for owners
- Provide monthly inventory reports
- Reviews restaurant equipment maintenance checklist, evaluates the condition of equipment and conducts routine maintenance and minor repairs to ensure smooth operation and save on costs.
- Monitors and controls food and labor costs using established methods to meet goals for restaurant and region.
- Daily responds to voicemails, social media communication, and emails.
- Schedule engaging social media posts.
- Work alongside the team and brewery members to organize creative brewery events.
- As an ambassador of Lincoln Avenue Brewery, create and nurture relationships within the community.
Executes the following tasks during all shifts:
- Prepares restaurant and employees for shift and ensures the restaurant is ready to be open to standards.
- Ensure daily specials, tap list, online store, and Untappd is updated to reflect an accurate list of items available.
- Inspects employees’ work areas for cleanliness to acknowledge employees’ work, delegate other cleaning duties, and/or okay him or her to go home.
- Performs employees’ tasks such as preparing menu items and cleaning to ensure the quality of the guest experience and to help employees.
- Greets employees as they begin their shifts to promote an atmosphere where they feel welcomed, important, valued, and to ensure they are ready for work.
- Inspects food items to ensure freshness and proper temperature.
- Monitors restaurant to ensure everyone is providing quality food and service to guests and that safety and sanitation standards are being met.
- Expedites food preparation to ensure food is prepared and delivered in a timely and accurate fashion. Ability to be flexible to jump into any role at the brewery and have a working knowledge of the brewing process and transfer process.
- Resolves all guest complaints by listening to their issues and finding solutions.
- Ensures all employees follow sanitation, safety, and security procedures
- Promotes an environment where all servers, bartenders are actively engaging with customers providing exceptional customer service.
- College coursework preferred; high school diploma or equivalency required.
- You are coachable! You enjoy working as a team with owners and team members.
- Previous supervisory OR hospitality industry experience required; both preferred.
- Serve Safe Manager certified
- RAMP Certified
- Proficiency in communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in English. Must be fluent or willing to learn craft beer styles and terminology.
- Knowledgeable of technology systems. Proficient in restaurant cleanliness and safety, food service, personnel management.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 601424778Posted: 2021-01-26