Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Scientific Program Analyst at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
-Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Assist with organizing, implementing, and leading work groups to evaluate the scientific merit of research proposals submitted to the Therapeutic Development Branch (TDB), Division of Preclinical Innovation (DPI)
- Provide assistance with planning and implementing open solicitations designed to elicit new research proposals from the scientific community
- Develop written materials / documents on research proposals for evaluation and outreach purposes
- Provide technical assistance to researchers interested in collaborating with the TDB
- Collaborate with support staff to assist with Branch operations functions, including scheduling group meetings
- Observe and participate in various meetings, taking detailed and thorough notes; providing minutes / reports and follow-up materials; and tracking action items
- Research and summarize background materials; locate related information on the internet and other means, including literature, media and database searches
- Support the development and dissemination of communication materials, including news releases, one-pagers, backgrounders, web products and other written materials for distribution to diverse audiences
- Compile, analyze, present and organize scientific, program and related data to support information needs of various levels of DPI / NCATS leadership
- Assist senior program staff in fulfilling Federal I Congressional reporting requirements, including collecting information, collaborating with other NCATS personnel, and preparing written reports
- Interact with the research community in academia, not-for-profit, and for-profit organizations to understand needs, gaps, and opportunities by attending scientific meetings, workshops, and working groups
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, a life science or related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of science analysis or related experience
- Strong communications skills including formal publication-quality writing ability and oral presentations
- Experience communicating effectively with research scientists in academia, not-for- profit, and for-profit organizations
- Familiarity with communications and outreach processes
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.