MapLarge - Geospatial Analytics for Large Enterprises Real World Impact: At MapLarge we're passionate about building software that solves some of the world's hardest and most interesting problems across dozens of industries. We partner with the largest and most sophisticated institutions in the world to improve the lives of their users and customers with clever use of data and technology. Our software has been used to keep the world safe, improve global healthcare outcomes, deliver billions of packages on time, keep every plane in the sky safe and fuel efficient, improve navigation and safety for every boat in the ocean in real-time and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us. High Value Innovative Enterprise Products & Solutions: MapLarge products provide an enterprise focused platform for geospatial analytics and visualization. Our solution teams develop integrated solutions on top of our products across multiple different industry verticals and use cases - all focused on large enterprise and government agencies. If you enjoy working with sophisticated teammates, to build cutting edge solutions for high value customers that appreciate innovative solutions, then MapLarge is the place for you. Role: We need talented people to help provide first-class data analytics and visualization development and technical consulting to customers as part of on-site continuous delivery and deployment efforts. This role entails providing technical and analytic tradecraft support to customers as part of enterprise account management and DevOps delivery. We are looking for extremely smart, hard working, fun people and we will define the right role to fit them. Extremely Competent: At MapLarge our culture requires a very selective high quality standard for every position and typical applicants were in the top 1% out of a pool of hundreds of applicants. We are looking for people who value being part of an extremely competent highly productive team and would be bored working at a normal organization with lower standards. We are able to have highly flexible collaborative teams without bureaucratic rules because everybody in every role is extremely good at what they do. This allows us to have a principle driven results-oriented culture where we empower everyone to make rapid decisions to build amazing products and solutions. Curiosity and Grit: The ideal candidate will be someone who is curious and loves to tinker/build solutions. The thing we admire most about a great analyst is that they have an uncanny ability to be obsessed about a problem they are trying to solve and come hell or high water, they will find a solution for it. The person we hire for this role will need that same kind of characteristic so that we can give them a problem and they can not only meet the requirements but exceed them in spectacular fashion. We want someone who is able to obsess over problems until they find the best solution and who cares deeply about making the customer's mission successful. Functional Capabilities: The core functions of this position include:
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer's mission, CONOPS, capabilities/limitations, IT ecosystem, security apparatus, policies/processes, and culture. This insight will enable the canidate to help customers navigate complex people-centered technology challenges and deliver first-class capabilities to solve mission needs.
- Collaborative teaming with partners and customers, diagnosing technical issues, and supporting software deployment and engineering trouble-shooting aspects of the account and the ideation of follow-on product features and service engagements. - Identifying and fostering technical leaders among customers capable of learning and succeeding with MapLarge.
- This role requires strong task management skills and the technical prowess to leverage customer solution delivery teams working against a SoW with support from MapLarge product teams in concert with partner and customer technical teams. Experience and Skills: Ideal candidates will have the following experience:
- Prior IC or DoD experience in a technical intelligence (e.g., GEOINT, MASINT, etc.) analysis position or support role involving rapid capability delivery to analysts or operators. Geospatial analysis experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding and application of commonly used domain-specific data sources and services.
- Although you don't need to be a current software engineer, you need to have recent experience working as a software engineer at a deep technical hands-on level. The ability to lead technical software discussions both externally with customers and internally with technical teams is required to be successful in this position. - Knowledge of various Enterprise and Cloud architectural approaches to solving problems are required. - Strong interpersonal, public speaking, and written communications skills are required. Technical Problem Solver: A successful candidate will be a tenacious problem solver with a keen sense of curiosity. They will enjoy creating content that is technically rigorous based on thoughtful data driven analysis for both internal and external consumption.
- This will involve both being comfortable producing content independently (long form documents, demo scripts, slides, etc.) and also collaboratively in real-time with teammates or customers in webex or in person meetings.
- A successful candidate would be able to rapidly learn new concepts and write about proposed solutions in a jargon-free fashion that helps readers understand not just the conclusion, but the rationale that got there and to present it in a way that is open to improvement and adaptation based on the feedback of others. - Internally decisions are made in a principle driven way, not chain of command, but based on open minded team-driven conversations among very intelligent people who quickly evolve ideas to improve them in a collaborative way. We expect successful candidates to be able to participate in these kinds of conversations in a productive way internally and also to carry forward these sorts of conversations to engage customers in the same kind of dialogue. What You'll Do
- Provide partners and customers expert, hands-on domain and technology knowledge related to use cases, CONOPS, and missions.
- Articulate the breadth and value of MapLarge solutions against customer use cases. - Articulate and demonstrate knowledge to clients in terms that are easy to understand and relevant to their mission needs.
Deliver standard and customized solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities and mission benefits of MapLarge solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Deliver solution demonstrations across all levels of a customer's organization, including the novice user, power user,and executive levels.
- Ability to deliver and manage proof of concept/proof of value scenarios for customers across domains or intelligence disciplines.
- Support the response of RFI/RFP's or business case requests.
- Build trusted relationships with Account Executives and end-users to provide practical and theoretical guidance on the mission and business value of the proposed solution.
- Set proper expectations throughout the product delivery cycle to ensure customer satisfaction.
Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provide support for regional technical exchange meetings, conferences, and marketing events, as needed. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. MapLarge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information. Clearance Required: The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, with an active Top Security security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and Special Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility. The candidate must be willing to submit to polygraph examinations and work within secure facilities, as required. Office Locations and Travel
This position is available in proximity to Dulles International Airport, Virginia. Approximately 10% travel is required for this position. Company Benefits
- Flexible Hours
- Technically Excellent A+ Team solving very hard interesting problems
- Friendly People - Positive attitude is our #1 criteria
- We like all kinds of people
- Family Friendly
- Top Notch Health Care
- Cutting Edge Tech To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. MapLarge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information. MapLarge is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. MapLarge is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,