To supervise and control the receiving, stocking, order fulfillment, shipping, and inventory management functions of North American Herb and Spice Co. (NAHS). Communicate daily with operations management, purchasing, production planning, quality control, and sales to insure a smooth flow of product and information throughout the organization and within the warehouse. Staff and train employees in the procedures necessary to perform their duties and provide material logistics support to other functional departments to meet schedules. To maintain a high level of cooperation in the working relationships with other departments and warehousing employees to assist in achieving the common goals of continuous process improvement, customer satisfaction and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must possess and demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the NAHS warehousing, distribution, and inventory management requirements. Insure that all assigned personnel also have a thorough understanding of their assigned duties.
· Responsibility and accountability for attaining established goals and customer quality requirements as summarized in the NAHS Statement of Operating Objectives. Actively lead work teams in their assigned duties.
· In conjunction with the Director of Operations, develop the goals, budgets and objectives for implementation of the NAHS receiving, warehousing, shipping, and inventory management functions. Manage the implementation of those plans.
· Supervise the daily activities of assigned personnel to insure that goals are achieved: products received and put away in a timely manner; material is stored properly and safely and that the Rapid Inventory system is updated and maintained accurately.
· Supervise the daily activities of the inventory management function, including maintaining accuracy of records, timely reporting, cycle counting, and use of Rapid inventory in all warehouse activities.
· Participate in the weekly Open Orders meetings to resolve issues leading to late shipping, back orders, and out of stock items. Help identify root cause and resolve.
· Manage and direct the execution of the following standard operating procedures:
o Receiving of Materials
o Receiving of Supplements
o Customer Order Fulfillment
o Production Build Assembly
· Maintain physical condition of the warehouses according to FDA regulations by inspecting equipment, maintaining appropriate temperature/humidity logs, working with pest control services, and issuing work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement.
· Ensure that material is stored in a safe manner and that all safety regulations are adhered to. Ensure compliance with preventative maintenance programs for equipment and facilities.
· Identify methods to improve the material handling and inventory storage processes and review them with the Inventory Manager and Director of Operations.
· Develop and implement methods and procedures to ensure that stock is properly identified and labeled, stored in proper locations, safeguarded against damage, and accurately recorded in Rapid Inventory.
· Ensure that employee evaluations and reviews are administered on time and objectively.
· Train, certify, motivate, and supervise warehouse personnel to achieve their full potential and to gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s product handling, record keeping, and customer service and inventory control requirements.
· Ensure that all assigned employees are properly trained, qualified and, if necessary, certified to perform their responsibilities. Ensure compliance with all legal and company safety procedures.
· Possess a thorough understanding and working knowledge of and ensuring compliance with, NAHS standard operating policies, procedures, practices, and directives. Ensure that all assigned employees are familiar with and in compliance with standard operating policies, procedures, and directives.
· Communicate operating issues, plans, goals, and results to the Director of Operations.