NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Location: Germantown, MD or Remote
In this key role, you will be a senior level hands-on Architect for the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) product suite. The DeCA Enterprise Business Solution products integrates NCR Enterprise systems for item management, ordering and inventory, warehouse, Point of Sale, eCommerce, 3rd party systems and SaaS into an extensive suite running DeCA's global operation. DeCA's mission is to "Deliver a vital benefit of the military pay system that sells grocery items at significant savings while enhancing quality of life and readiness". To achieve this mission DeCA operates on or near US Military facilities worldwide including the United States, Alaska and Hawaii, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
You will be part of a team to define and execute an architectural vision that will enable the team to scale development across a multi-tier private/public cloud. You will influence, train, and support other team members on code reviews, leveraging the proper architectural concepts, and stay abreast of key technologies in the software community (both open and closed source). You will mentor other team members in the organization. You will play a key role in evangelizing your architectural vision across the broader company and outside NCR Public Sector. We're looking for someone who values and cares about the big picture but can execute today.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Integration of a comprehensive set of NCR systems, 3rd party solutions and government systems into an integrated system for running DeCA's daily operation
- Continuous modernization of the EBS including by bringing in new solutions and facility migration to cloud SaaS solutions including the NCR BSP solution
- Work with DeCA, DoD, NCR solution engineering, 3rd Party vendor and Commercial entities to implement a solid reliable and scalable integrated system
- Work on customization and personalization to existing products and create new software features based on customer requests
- Work in an Agile environment and be up to date on the latest tools and technologies built for the cloud
- Architect and champion next generation integrated systems using modern technologies including cloud-based systems hosted in GCP, AWS and Azure. Working with cloud technology stacks such as Docker, Kubernetes, Big Data.
- Design next generation data analytics system with both real time and batch processing capabilities while ensuring low latency for hundreds of thousands of customers
- 7 to 10+ years in architecture (technical, IT and enterprise)
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen; DoD Security Clearance preferred
- Must be knowledgeable of the Retail business domain
- A track record of architecting many solid yet extensible systems and products
- Strong mastery or deep understanding of data scalability strategies especially in a SaaS environment.
- Experience leading design of multi-tenant schemas
- Ability to work tightly with application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups working in Agile Environment
- Natural at identifying, troubleshooting, and coming up with a plan of action in a quickly moving product organization
- Must be able to code multiple languages like Go, C#, Ruby, Python, C++ and scripting
- Must be able to learn new language stacks quickly to bring the architecture to life
- Experience in a MS SQL, C#, ASP.NET environment helpful
- Must have good verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Security+ certification desired; will be required
- Must be able to travel when required; travel is not extensive
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Experience architecting for both hardware and software-based systems
- Experience architecting for multiple product lines sharing a common backend system
- Experience crafting architectural roadmaps
- Experience with documenting systems, physical, logical, and module level architectures
- Cloud Certifications for GCP, AWS and Azure
- Experience with modern cloud technology stack components including Docker, Cassandra, Storm, Kafka and Kubernetes
- Experience designing and implementing Micro-service architecture
- Excellent understanding of the latest technologies (PaaS, Big Data Analytics, API platforms), and continuous improvement of scaled processes and best practices
- Must be able to navigate freely between business, technical, execution and operations etc.
- Knowledgeable in cloud native microservices architecture, data architecture, analytics, and software/application architecture
- Passionate: enjoys design and collaboration
- Able to produce and communicate complex solutions to a wide variety of audiences
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job. EEO Statement
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment. Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.