A Square Group LLC, an award-winning federal government contractor, has an exciting opportunity for an Azure or AWS Cloud Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC. The ideal Azure or AWS Cloud Engineer should be able to demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience with cloud services technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and work experience required; and must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in addition to the below, may be assigned as necessary to meet business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
· Establishes information requirements, using analytical methods, for enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
· Designs architectures that include software, hardware, and communications solutions to support the total requirements, and provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
· Ensures architectures comply with open systems standards as they apply to the client’s environment.
· Evaluates compatibility of information system development efforts with agency architectures and recommend adjustments, as appropriate.
· Analytically and systematically evaluates the problems of workflow, organization, and planning to develop appropriate corrective action.
· Provides consultation and support on complex tasks and daily supervision and direction to staff.
· Researches the solution alternates coordinates the technical discussions and socializes the recommendations based on project requirements.
· Addresses the problems and troubleshooting in migrating the workloads or integrating the cloud services.
· Consults with project teams, end-users, and key stakeholders to identify the application requirements, business risks.
· Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of COTS, open-source software packages required in the cloud migration, integration, and automation for SaaS, PaaS, IaaS environments.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology or related fields.
· Must be a United States Citizen and able to obtain or currently possess a U.S. Government clearance at the Public Trust.
· Over 10 years of experience in Systems Engineering or related
· Must have about 5-7 years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, or administration
· Experience in the design and deployment of dynamically scalable fault-tolerant, reliable, and highly available applications on AWS.
· Experience in the selection of appropriate AWS services for designing and deploying the applications.
· Experience in the migration of complex and multi-tier applications to Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
· Experience in the implementation of cost-control strategies for Cloud-based workloads in AWS or Azure.
· Experience in designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide scalable operations in Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
· Experience with provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services such as VPC/SubNet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM.
· Knowledge in implementing the Federal IT security standards such as SOC, NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP
· Experience in Agile practices such as DevOps, DevSecOps, CI/CD
· Experience in modeling and graphic representations
· Experience with current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing, RPA, ML, and AI
· Experience with technical designs, frameworks, and implementations.
· Experience with information technology and enterprise architecture best practices
· Experience with project management, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects
· Experience enterprise architecture frameworks
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong customer service/client facing skills.
· AWS Certified Solution Architect – Professional is preferred