Have hands on skills with Jenkins, BitBucket, Sonar, Artifactory, Cloud Native Practices. Wide breadth knowledge of development and testing best DevOps practices.
- Good understanding of container fundamentals and Linux kernel concepts
- Outstanding knowledge in Continuous Integration (CI), Testing (CT), Security and deployment(CD) concepts. Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with container runtimes and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps in the cloud
- Experience with container-based and VM-based deployments in the cloud
- Experience with Spring framework (nice to have)
- Experience with Helm (nice to have)
- Experience with Go (nice to have)
- Hands on with Groovy DSL, Python, Ansible playbooks, Shell scripting
- Analyze existing processes, practices, within the delivery teams and suggest changes to improve throughput.
- Collaborate with internal development community and develop self-serve capability for them to meet business needs effectively
- Apply engineering principles to improve resiliency, performance, efficiency and scalability of the DevOps eco system
- Linux administration and Shell scripting
- Coach delivery teams on DevOps practices based on enterprise roadmap.
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Be available on call when needed to troubleshoot and provide support.Position-Specific Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Sr. Engineer on a scrum team that interacts with delivery teams that build products, applications, API's (web services), and utilities.
- Understand FEPOC's Cloud Native initiative.
- Work with Sr. Architects to understand the vision and reference implementation of the Cloud Native approach.
- Understand current Application details and architecture
- Experiment and learn new technologies and build reference frameworks and reference implementations.
- Plan and Document
o User stories with detailed acceptance criteria,
o Complex business system requirements,
- Implement the Definition of Done and Definition of Ready for the planned sprint items
- Interact with Delivery teams, directly gathering requirements, presenting demonstrations, etc.
- Analyzes complex business requirements and processes; constructs conceptual data and process models, including requirements repositories and volume estimates to communicate requirements.
- Understands and invests in the ideation process towards product development and has innovative approach towards meeting business needs.
- Participates in strategic development discussion to help align internal and external customer interaction
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spring Boot's embedded Tomcat (versus external Tomcat)
- Spring Cloud Config for externalized configuration
- Docker as container runtime (evaluate other container runtimes in the future, evaluate other image creation tools in the future)
- Kubernetes as the orchestrator
- Helm as the package manager
- Minikube for local k8s testing
- Testcontainers for automated database testing (smaller use cases)
- Grafeas for capturing build metadata to be verified during deployments
- GitOps as a practice, plus GitOps operators
- OPA for writing policies
- Prometheus for capturing metrics
- Spinnaker for 'releases' (maybe)
- evaluate service meshes, identify use cases first, compare Istio and Linkerd based on features and ROI
- Jira for the business workflow
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 15 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.