POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Team Lead ("TL") position assists theGeneral Manager ("GM") in managing the hotel operations on a day-to-daybasis toensure optimum performance and continual improvement in the Key Performance Indicators and 100% guest satisfaction. The TL resolves guest and associate issues, and performs other duties as required to develop efficiency and profitability in all aspects of property management. The TL assumes the GM's responsibilities when required. The TL also must ensure that safety and security procedures are in place in accordance with company guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests.
- Assists the GM in ensuring that associates at the property are driving company initiatives to increase revenue, lower costs and increase guest and associate satisfaction.
- Trains associates on company standards and job performance expectations when the GM is not available.
- Upholds and enforces company standards and policy compliance at the hotel level. The associate must promote compliance with company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the prompt reporting of all safety and security issues directly to the manager or to the appropriate authorities.
- Assists the GM in monitoring in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
- Assists with monitoring monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures that day- to-day purchases are within budget and with approved vendors. Assists the GM in maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
- Serves as first level of contact for guest service issues. Resolves guest issues or determines necessity to escalate to the GM as needed.
- Position must embrace the company's service culture and treat all guest and associates with professionalism, respect and kindness.
- Instills 100% guest satisfaction objective to hourly associates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Assists with certain sales-related activities to increase occupancy, such as supporting the GM by seeking out potential business in the local market and making sales calls and other telemarketing activities.
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties when needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel.
- Inspects guest rooms.
- Assists with active review and monitoring of social media websites to ensure timely and appropriate responses.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Able to comprehend fundamental instructions, write short correspondence, and memos. Solid English skills with regard to reading, writing and verbal communication to be able to communicate effectively with guests, associates, and outside vendors.
- Ability to operate the property management system technology.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Supervisory skills to oversee daily activities of 8 to 15 hourly staff.
- Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that daily operations are performed at peak efficiency.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and parking lot; handle, reach, and detect objects, tools and controls; and detect scent and sounds.
- Occasionally required to position self to access low areas and traverse heights and remain stable while doing so.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently works in outside weather conditions (depending on hotel).
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment will typically be at moderate to loud noise levels.
- Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography.
- Associate may be asked to travel to cover additional sites during the GM's absence.
- Prior hotel experience is required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is desired.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Posting ID: 595409337Posted: 2020-12-28