Work with up to 6 male/female clients, ages 12 thru 17, in a 21 day State licensed youth crisis shelter. Our program is dedicated to assisting youth in crisis, runaway and homeless situations.
- Supervise and assist clients with daily structured schedule and activities.
- Present as a positive role model.
- Facilitate group educational, recreational and life skills activities.
- Provide support and guidance to clients. (Most of the clients have experienced trauma in their lives).
- Assist clients and families with conflict resolution and crisis management.
- Help in creating a safe, comfortable environment for our clients.
- Case management.
- Complete daily client behavior and observation documentation as well as all other required documentation.
- Answer and assist callers on the 24 hour crisis line.
- Perform phone and in-person assessments on prospective clients.
- Assist with building upkeep and cleanliness.
- Small team environment.
- Opportunities to do community outreach, grant writing and fundraising.
- Applicants must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree or 2-3 years of college in a human services field (Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Criminal Justice) AND professional experience working with adolescents. A Bachelor's Degree with professional experience with adolescents is preferred.
- No convictions involving harm or threatened harm to an individual.
- Not a perpetrator of child abuse and neglect.
- Three professional references.
- Proof of a negative TB test.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interested individuals must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure and be able to deal with crisis situations.
- MUST be patient and interact with the clients in a non-punitive manner.
- We are seeking candidates who can work at least a year at our agency.
- Part-time staff work 3-4 times per week on average and cannot go over 60 hours in a 2 week pay period.
- Shifts include 7 am-3 pm (AM), 3-11 pm (PM) and 11 pm - 7 am (midnight).
- Our CURRENT NEED ARE APPLICANTS THAT CAN WORK A COMBINATION OF weekday 7 am- 3 pm/3-11 pm and Sat/Sun 7-3/3-11 pm shifts. Occasional coverage of midnight shifts may be needed as well.
- We are a 24 hour agency and never close.
- All Intervention Specialists share in working weekends and holidays.
- As a group, the Intervention Specialists make their monthly schedule, under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Flexible scheduling for students or those with another job.
- $13.00 an hour
- There is time and a half pay for holidays.
- A bonus hour of pay for working 8 hours on the Friday PM through Sunday PM shifts and whole/half midnight shifts.
- The pay may be low but we provide excellent experience for those going into the social work, counseling and human services fields!! We are a non-profit and cannot pay corporate, State or county level wages.
Comprehensive Youth Services, Inc./Family Youth Interventions does not discriminate against individuals applying or interviewing for employment. This includes gender identity, age, height, weight, color, race, sexual orientation, cultural and ethnic background, veteran’s status, national origin, marital status, family/parental status, pregnancy, disability or political beliefs.
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: FAMILYYOUTH.COM (Basic Center/Emergency Shelter)
Family Youth Interventions is a non-profit shelter, dedicated to working with at-risk youth in crisis, runaway and homeless situations. We have helped thousands of at-risk youth since 1976.
Posting ID: 563937457Posted: 2021-01-18