**Job is located 1627 Kenilworth Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20019**
Elaine Ellis Center of Health has an immediate opening for a Registered Dental Hygienist to provide the full scope of dental hygiene services in both its DC and College Park, Maryland offices. Applicants must have dental radiology certification in DC and Maryland. This full time position reports to the onsite Dentist.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to approved practice standards and protocols from the DC Board of Dentistry and Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Prepare the treatment room adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepare patients for dental hygiene treatments.
- Meet all requirements to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform dental radiographic procedures in DC and Maryland. Obtains and develops radiographic studies
- Demonstrate proper maintenance of dental hygiene instrumentation.
- Evaluate patient's oral health and select the appropriate materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit.
- Complete dental prophylaxis by properly cleaning teeth and area below gum margins.
- Complete oral cancer screening and protocols for detecting disease.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Maintain patient appearance and ability to masticate.
- Communicate with and treat patients via telehealth.
- Provide on-call and after-hours coverage.
- Document dental hygiene services in the electronic medical record completely, timely and accurately.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain dental supplies and emergency medical supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
- Provide education to patients and community members.
- Participate in provider meetings and other Center meetings as needed.
- Adhere to the Uniform Data System (UDS) productivity standards.
- Participate in outreach and offsite programs as assigned.
- Attend and participate in teaching and general staff conferences.
- Continually update education, therapeutic techniques and methodology; apply new knowledge to your position.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Elaine Ellis Center of Health (EECH) is a not- for–profit organization dedicated to providing affordable, comprehensive, preventative and primary healthcare services to individuals residing in public housing and the surrounding areas, regardless of their ability to pay. In so doing, we are committed to offering said services in a clean, safe environment, appropriate in meeting the needs of our target population.
EECH also demonstrates social responsibility through the just use of resources. This commitment of our staff, physicians, volunteers, community partners and friends to our mission permits us to maintain a quality of presence and tradition of caring, which is the hallmark of EECH.
Posting ID: 593641177Posted: 2021-01-15