Electro-Optic Test Engineer
is seeking an experienced Electro-Optic Test Engineer to participate in the development and manufacturing of next generation semiconductor lasers, namely, state-of-the-art MEMS-VCSEL swept-source tunable lasers for use in optical coherence tomography (OCT) applications. You will be responsible for taking a laser product line from prototype into manufacturing thru the development of test equipment in support of product manufacturing and test. This position will require design, assembly, and troubleshooting of both hardware and software in support of manufacturing systems development. Electro-Optics Test Engineers work directly with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software/database engineers, manufacturing personnel, and other electro-optic engineers to ensure that designs and manufacturing techniques will yield products which meet the customer s specifications.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize and design electro-optic test systems and fixtures
- Prototype, develop, test & qualify new test systems for use in manufacturing
- Support new product introduction into manufacturing
- Create budgets and schedules for these new developments
- Maintain documentation for the system development process
- Create assembly and test work instructions; train personnel
- Specify & purchase all parts and equipment required; interact with vendors
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position
- Experience using .Net and Labview to automate various pieces of test equipment and/or motion control.
- Experience with optical instruments and measurement
- Experience using SolidWorks 2D and 3D Modeling Application.
- Hands-on experience in the photonics industry, laser or physics lab is a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor or Master s Degree (or higher) in Electrical/Optical/Mechanical Engineering or related field(s) is required.
- Thorough understanding of .Net and related SW development environments
- Thorough understanding of Labview
- Understanding of OCT or related optical imaging/measurement systems
- Problem resolution skills for debugging new designs and assemblies
- Manual dexterity to assemble and align precision opto-mechanical systems
- Tool and fixture making experience is a plus.
- Soldering / Circuit Design Experience is a plus.
- High attention to details
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Ability to function autonomously with little direction/works well independently of others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Online Below
Posting ID: 595979562Posted: 2021-01-04