PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering and test activities, such as, test, verification, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems to print. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Will work within a team to setup correct vehicle test configurations using procedures, drawings, racks and cables. Maintains consistent record keeping within established guidelines using various types of multiple entry systems as well as manual checklists. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on space craft development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned in all phases of spacecraft test. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, Frequency generators and similar test apparatus. Must be familiar with M/S Office Suite and have outstanding verbal and written communication ability. Normally assigned in Spacecraft Integration and Test. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School diploma and 2 years of related experience or additional education
- Applicant must be able to read and understand basic avionics or vehicle wiring schematics.
- Familiar with soldering skill as well as familiarization with aircraft type wire cutting and mechanical splicing.
- Applicant must be able to pass in-house solder and cable crimp and harness classes.
- Basic hand tool knowledge as well as familiarization with some power tools is required.
- Applicant must be flexible in types of work assignments. Applicant must be able to react to changing priorities as directed.
- Familiar with MS Office software,
- NASA/Military specification Solder training course completion.
- CreoView or other 3D modeling experience is also preferred.
- Experience with break out boxes, Scopes, Dual Volt Meters and other types of electronic test equipment is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 588092057Posted: 2021-01-14